Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Undetectable Infection

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Elph68, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Elph68

Elph68 Senior Member

Hi @Tommy73, what you state is true ..... but it is a very narrow although important argument.

2. lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Hi elph.

Thanks for answering. Im dealing with strep overgrowth (possibly faecalis ) and my main symptoms are always cold, tired, brain fog... and mainly digestive issues due to the lactic acid. I cannot tolerate any sugar at all (even xylitol) (I don't have candida). However I do well on complex carbs but they give some heartburn (lactic acid coming from fermentation). So you think carbs and starches should aso be avoided as simles sugars to kill the strep, or could be they eaten? . In my case the overgrowth is in the upper small bowel so Im thinking if maybe the complex carbs can pass without feeding the strep, cause it takes more time for them to get digested.. Im at university and studying without carbs or sugars is really difficult. My brain claims for glucose!.
    Also ..What about taking the bicarb at the beginning of the meal , could this create a barrier to not allow the strep feeding in the food?.

P.D: Haven´t you considered the use of displacing probiotics like mutaflor (E.coli nissle 1917) in such high doses(even 1x or 20x) to get the strep out by competition and therefore not needing to use antibiotics?

Cheers

3. lookingfortruth

lookingfortruth

Hi again Elph.

sorry for asking again about dietary concerns but in my case (several strep bowel overgrowth) seems key to manage it...You say no simple sugars (monosaccharides and disaccharides). What about oligosaccharides like galactoligosaccharides and Xyyloligosaccharides?.

Cheersand thanks

4. Elph68

Elph68 Senior Member

If the sugars are no-fermenting then they are ok ...... you may need to do some private research on those .......

xylitol is non-fermenting ..... stevia is non fermenting ....

Cheers.

5. Elph68

Elph68 Senior Member

Hi, I found that oregano oil killed the heartburn in me ..... 10 drops 3x per day in water or even better are the capsules.

Cheers.

Webdog likes this.
  6. Elph68

Elph68 Senior Member

I have been on this anti-staph medication now for 60 days ..... This is the best I have felt on any medication. I have been back in the gym and I am now back at the same point, using the same weights I was 5 years ago before this started.

I am now totally convinced that staphylococcus slime has been the underlying cause of my CFS. Staphylococcus slime causes the immune system to dysfunction which allows other 'opportunistic' bacteria to get out of balance. Poor gut biodiversity is a contributor to the condition

Coagulese Negative Staphylococcus (CoNS) is one of the most abundant bacteria on our body and is considered to be innocuous but 20% of species produce slime which is made of the same polysaccharides as Staph Aureus. CoNS are considered normal flora because they are non-pathogenic BUT the immune system sees the slime as more of an allergen. Again it relates to the statement I keep making, CFS seems to be about different bacteria acting in similar ways ......

It seems that Staph Slime could be the biggest cause of CFS ...... And I reckon it is up peoples noses and in the uro-genital tract.

healthyalmonds, ukxmrv and Webdog like this.
  7. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

@Elph68 is this tbe same thing as marcons?

8. roonie

roonie

elph68..what is this anti staff medication?

Webdog likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.