• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Undetectable Infection

@Elph68

2 questions re diet for clarification:

Is D-ribose included in the sugar exclusion?

Are cashews, walnuts, pistachios, and almonds acceptable?

Thanks.
I read somewhere that almonds feed your good bacteria so I eat loads of them and it made my sytoms. Worse . I had large stools like my bacteria was good but my head got more foggy. Don't know about other nuts would be nice to be able to eat them but maybe too many carbs in them

Elph68

I wonder if rectal ozone therapy would be a good treatment option for this. I assume it would kill at least some of the overgrowth in the large intestine and the ozone also gets into the lymph this way. It could be a double whammy. I have my own equipment so I'm going to give it a try for a month and I'll report back.
It is likely oxygen therapy will make it worse .... These bugs are facultative anaerobes, so they thrive in oxygen, but the true anaerobes, which are most of the good guys can't survive in oxygen ..... But I am not sure how that treatment works ......

Elph68

I read somewhere that almonds feed your good bacteria so I eat loads of them and it made my sytoms. Worse . I had large stools like my bacteria was good but my head got more foggy. Don't know about other nuts would be nice to be able to eat them but maybe too many carbs in them
Nuts are a high energy food, so they feed the bad guys also ......

Elph68

@Elph68

2 questions re diet for clarification:

Is D-ribose included in the sugar exclusion?

Are cashews, walnuts, pistachios, and almonds acceptable?

Thanks.
Don't know what D-ribose is ..... I will look it up ..... Nuts are high energy foods .... They feed the bad guys ...

Elph68

It seems I outa put a different perspective on the undetectable infection.....

It is not about what is in the stool so much, it is what isn't that is the real problem.

To put it simply, we all have a mouth full of bacteria, we spit them out and we swallow them. But even with a mouth full of good bacteria some species attach onto the teeth and cause gum disease and tooth decay. You can change your diet, you can spit and swallow all you like but unless you kill them or physically remove them, they will always be there and eventually do the damage .... BUT they will not generally be detected in a saliva swab ..... Yet you can feel them, see them and generally speaking, there is a lot of them ......

Same in the stool ..... It s the bacteria that are stuck on the colon walls that cause the problem .... They are the bacteria interacting with the immune system, breaking through the gut walls, invading the lymphatic system, and there is no way the medical profession can count these .....

These are the biofilms and until the microbiologists look at individual strains and how they interact within the micro biome, I very much doubt they will ever figure this out ......

The undetectable infection is totally undetectable using any of today's current medical tests .......

The stool tests only give a hint of what is happening .....

roller

wiggle jiggle
nuts are pretty allergenic. i think this could cause diarrhea?

a dental clinic here took mouth swabs from passerbys, putting them under the microscope.

there were rod-shaped bacteria, very lively, moving a lot and fast.
unfortunately, they were unable to tell what it was.

Last edited:
Some here may be fortunate to have determined their correct diet/abx/herbs/bacteria to ingest. However the benefit isn't passing the gut sufficiently to kill/neutralize the infection at the source; colon, prostate, uro-genital etc. Hence improvement to a point, but no remission or cure.

l'm reinvestigating enema approach using antimicrobials. Outside of a trip to China for direct injection, the method in this link might just work.

https://m.facebook.com/gjikondiclinic/posts/501473133373594

Anybody know a doc who can prescribe the correct abx using this method?

joe12

nuts are pretty allergenic. i think this could cause diarrhea?

a dental clinic here took mouth swabs from passerbys, putting them under the microscope.

there were rod-shaped bacteria, very lively, moving a lot and fast.
unfortunately, they were unable to tell what it was.
Isn't that odd? I myself am afraid of dental clinics, I got sick from going to them, you never know if they are cleaning the instruments correctly.

roller

wiggle jiggle
yeah... though, they might be slightly cleaner than the average (non-fast-food) restaurant...

dont look how they wash their dishes... haha...
thats life... ;) no risk no fun

If no doctor in Australia can treat via rectal abx, or it's too dangerous or it's a crazy scam, then perhaps a herbal option? The idea has merit but it seems very uncommon?

Neem certainly had some effect.
Maybe gse, coconut oil and vit C?
Coffee won't cut it.

Finding something strong enough to eradicate the pathogens...but without nuking the good guys and creating further problems.

joe12

yeah... though, they might be slightly cleaner than the average (non-fast-food) restaurant...

dont look how they wash their dishes... haha...
thats life... ;) no risk no fun
There are better ways to have fun, like being healthy and running two miles in natural environments. I'm making my own dental work and food from now on! ......

knackers323

There is definitely something going on with diet for me too. I've just worked out that nuts and protein make me feel like sh@t. Even plain canned tuna.

What is going on here?

knackers323

So are you guys finding squirting the antimicrobials, probiotics, kefir, vitamin c etc. in the back door is more effective than swallowing it?

Elph68

There is definitely something going on with diet for me too. I've just worked out that nuts and protein make me feel like sh@t. Even plain canned tuna.

What is going on here?
Hey Knackers,

Yup, protein is one of the problems .... you see me mention Protease throughout this thread, that is a protein ....... The proteins enter the system via the gut in an undigested form because I believe we do not produce the right enzymes to break proteins down effectively ..... therefore proteins are acting like a poison .....

Bromelain supplements are the helper for that .... Or take a protelytic enzyme supplement ...

Since I added these supplements ..... I have practically no CFS symptoms anymore and I now eat a normal diet ... fried foods, take-aways, bread, milk .... nothing is a problem anymore ......

So are you guys finding squirting the antimicrobials, probiotics, kefir, vitamin c etc. in the back door is more effective than swallowing it?

@knackers323
I did do kefir (milk grains), neem, chamomile and some other herbs this way and documented the process previously. It had good effect, but not long term results.

Vit C megadosing is bringing so many benefits for me, but l reckon it's not concentrated enough to flood the infection site and finish this saga for good.

So yes, l believe it's more effective via the backdoor but have no winning protocol l can base this on yet...

The doc in Albania l linked previously reckons no doc in Australia will use his method. He's been generous with knowledge, but unsure on herbal antimicrobials for self treating this, and like me, reckons oral meds can damage the gut/ are too diluted by the time they hit colon/prostate.

gregh286

Hey Knackers,

Yup, protein is one of the problems .... you see me mention Protease throughout this thread, that is a protein ....... The proteins enter the system via the gut in an undigested form because I believe we do not produce the right enzymes to break proteins down effectively ..... therefore proteins are acting like a poison .....

Bromelain supplements are the helper for that .... Or take a protelytic enzyme supplement ...

Since I added these supplements ..... I have practically no CFS symptoms anymore and I now eat a normal diet ... fried foods, take-aways, bread, milk .... nothing is a problem anymore ......

Jees amazing elph
Hows the tongue looking.these days.
Do you still take all the oregano oil etc.
Can you work out as normal now?
Cheers.

Also @knackers323 as my geneva testing registered low lactobicillus, l saw this as the potential cause and used "wild" kefir grains direct.

IMO If stool tests are to be any guide at all, then we needed have tested our stools several times prior to our illnes to have any perspective in determining what new microbe, if at all detectable, or bacteria increase/decrease might be causing cfs.

Why was l low on lacto? Was l like this prior to crashin? Did a pathogen wipe them out when l got sick?

A year of strict diet protocol similar to @Elph68 and l'm 80/90% better. I can work, drive a distance and strenuously play with my son.

Still havesome neurological issues and intermittent brain fog if l deviate into the "forbidden" section of my diet.

The prostatitis and colon pain l'm yet to beat. I need to somehow eradicate the biofilm/potential calcification the pathogens produce to effectively kill them. If l were to go off my protocol l reckon the plaktonic bacteria released from my site of infection would take up residence elsewhere and potentially relapse.

Cheers

Hey Knackers,

Just wondered if you had hot anywhere with the phage Center ? They have my second sample they could not detect any strep with the first sanple. I have spoken to them on the phone twice now but i am not totally convinced they understand my problem. I have to wait now two weeks for them to test my stool sample again and see what they come back with.