• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Undetectable Infection

Seven7

Seven
I get very white tongue but no dryness. The stronger the crash the whiter the tongue (I was negative for candida)

gregh286

yea my tongue heavy and coated...@Elph68 had coated geographic tongue as well.
neg. for candida also.
I can clear the tongue by heavy brushing X3 a day...but it just masks the problem that exists in gut...etc

msf

Yes, I have that - I think there is a simple explanation: The crash is a result of increased LPS in the bloodstream, leading to reduced Vasopressin, causing you to urinate more and have a dry throat. De Meirleir talks about Vasopressin in one of his videos.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Yes, I have that - I think there is a simple explanation: The crash is a result of increased LPS in the bloodstream, leading to reduced Vasopressin, causing you to urinate more and have a dry throat. De Meirleir talks about Vasopressin in one of his videos.
Do you have a link that explains LPS reducing vasopressin? I have been looking for the cause of that, and also solute diuresis, for a long time.

There are numerous threads on polyuria, with a range of theories.

I have looked at it in some of my blogposts, e.g. this short one.

msf

No, sorry, I was looking for one myself to back up my claim, but there don´t seem to be any studies of Vasopressin in a chronic LPS model.

MeSci

No, sorry, I was looking for one myself to back up my claim, but there don´t seem to be any studies of Vasopressin in a chronic LPS model.
I wouldn't be interested in a model if it were a non-human animal model, which is the usual meaning of 'model' in medical science. I would only be interested in human research. Animal 'models' have such poor predictive power that they are worse than useless - worse in that they lead researchers down blind alleys, delay scientific progress, often lead to treatments with serious side-effects, waste money and harm animals.

msf

So you would like humans to be adminstered with LPS for an extended period of time?

Personally, I don´t think the response to LPS will differ dramatically between animals, since this must be an incredibly primitive adaptation. I just looked again at a study of the effects of LPS on sleep in humans, where they compared them with the animal studies (rat and rabbit) and found the same pattern of low doses of LPS increasing sleep and high levels decreasing it, with some animals being more tolerant than others.

gregh286

I have seen other forums some believe its a form of adrenal congestion or inflamed adrenal prehaps.
Would sway that way in my case nearly always get an ache in the left kidney area at the same time.
Maybe someday we will know.

gregh286

LPS is created by the breakdown of fats?
So lps should increase on stone age diets.

MeSci

So you would like humans to be adminstered with LPS for an extended period of time?

Personally, I don´t think the response to LPS will differ dramatically between animals, since this must be an incredibly primitive adaptation. I just looked again at a study of the effects of LPS on sleep in humans, where they compared them with the animal studies (rat and rabbit) and found the same pattern of low doses of LPS increasing sleep and high levels decreasing it, with some animals being more tolerant than others.

No, but I would not like it to be done to other sentient creatures either.

There are many ways to carry out human-relevant research. You can look at cells in vitro. You can look at patients, including anonymised clinical records. You can look at materials ex vivo (e.g. faecal matter, blood, urine). You can use a range of imaging methods.

If you do a quick internet search for 'LPS human' you will find several hits of interest.

I have outlined some arguments on why differences matter more than similarities in my blog here.

msf

I know you aren´t happy with how they made this finding, but it is an amazing finding (from the Wikipedia article on LPS): Humans are much more sensitive to LPS than other animals (e.g., mice). A dose of 1 µg/kg induces shock in humans, but mice will tolerate a dose up to a thousand times higher.[17] This may relate to differences in the level of circulating natural antibodies between the two species.[18

msf

I wish I was a mouse, though not one being injected with massively high levels of LPS in a lab.