• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Time Has Come Tuesday, February 22, 2011 from Co-cure email

*GG*

I feel we are coming to a crossroads with me/cfs and need to act soon. I am in the preliminary stages of planning a demonstration in front of the CDC. I have nearly 20 people at this time who are commited to be there.

For this to be effective, we need to have at least 10 times that number. This is why I am asking your organization and many others to get involved. Together, we could accomplish something really significant. A large demonstration would bring much needed national attention to a very serious issue!

With proper media coverage, the american public will finally be informed of this new and emerging threat. This should also lead to more funding for research as well as warning the public about the blood supply. We need to take action now, for our future and our past (see attachment)! We all need to step up to the plate and get this done. Demonstration is planned for early May, which is enough time to get this right.

Your participation in this event would be greatly appreciated, Thank You , James Hall, Myrtle Beach, S.C. jh0867@sccoast.net (843) 903-0867

*GG*

I don't think I could make it to Georgia, right location? But I am willing to donate some money to help people/a person get there!

GG

PS not sure what he is referencing when saying: see attachment. anyone know?

eric_s

In and around Atlanta there must be a couple of thousand of people that have ME/CFS. So i hope it will be possible to find them... In the thread about the demonstration some people were concerned it would not be done in the style they prefer, but i really think it's very important that whoever is able to will participate, so please get over those issues and fnd a compromise and participate, even if it might not be exactly the way you wish. This is a chance and we should make it work!

justinreilly

*GG*

Why are you asking us? You're the one who posted it. : )

Is there a central discussion here or somewhere else on this. is it the demonstration thread on PR which was also started by jimbob author of the above? i think we all need to get in one discussion to the extent practical. I will donate money.

http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?10032-Demonstration-at-the-CDC

Thanks for the link, missed that somehow. I mention the attachment because I figured someone else might know what was missing, perhaps it was just a glitch with my email/computer, lots of people get the Co-cure's emails, so I thought the missing piece might be important?