1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Stockdale Paradox

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by moblet, Mar 12, 2011.

1. moblet

moblet Unknown Quantity

Somewhere in Australia
    I first heard about the Stockdale Paradox while working in the NGO sector in the developing world, but I think it's far more applicable to us than anyone else.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Can well identify with that moblet - the sort of "mindset" is about where I am. Thanks for posting the "Stockdale Paradox" (awful time they had and very brave).
  3. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Great stuff!

4. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Wonderful!

Exactly the mindset we need to survive and succeed with our illness.
  5. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member

Bulgaria
    "You must retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties" - this sounds like false optimism to me.

"You must confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be." - this is what I've always believed is the key to success.

See more popular forum discussions.