1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The shot gun approach- mitochondrial/ methylation/ antoxidants

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by heapsreal, May 29, 2012.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I use 600mg twice a day of NAC,
    lipoic acid 300mg twice a day
    acetyl carnitine 500mg/day
    q10 100mg/day
    methy b12 5000mcg
    methyl folate 800mcg
    magnesium 200mg twice a day
    vit e 500mg twice a day
    ribose 5gr twice a day
    creatine 5gr twice a day

I do use other stuff but the above is my dosage of the shot gun approach.

cheers!!!.

taniaaust1, Sallysblooms and jeffrez like this.
  2. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    b12 injections really imporve the quality of my sleep strangely, but sublingula b 12 did nothing for me.
    R ribose is a staple for me for stopping muschle aches and i have no ill effects form it

3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I have just finished working my 5 shifts in a row and now on my first day off. Normally im lucky to get through 5 days work and one day would be a sickie and my first day off is vegetable day as thats what im like, a vegetable. Now waking up this morning was ok as i had a good solid 8 hours sleep, seem to be having more of these lately, although still medicated sleep. I give it a couple of hours to wake up and get going. So today i did a light weights session with most exercises to strengthen my lower back and a couple other exercises to cover the rest of my body. I also did some light cleaning etc like a boy would do, lol.

I had a similar week last week and no pem, we will see if this week brings any pem. I am making sure i rest well after exercising etc and i think my shot gun approach is definately helping me to improve and recover better and avoid PEM. Another thing im finding easy to overcome is the motivation factor, i use to feel i didnt have the motivation but it was just lack of energy. in the past i have pushed myself through exercise when this motivation was low and they just turned into a no energy workout. So now i see lack of motivation as a low energy day and if i exercised on those days i would definatetly end up with pem. SO im having less of these lack of motivation/energy days.

I think im taking enough pieces of the puzzle in my shot gun approach to get my energy going, no marathons yet lol. So im getting there, i still have NAD to try but i think i will leave it for abit longer.

cheers!!!

4. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Sounds good Heaps!

heapsreal likes this.
  5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Added the NAD this morning. Woke this morning abit groogy, maybe slept too well(thats rare) and shortly after the NAD it gave me a small boost and cleared my mind.
    Im looking into the difference between NAD and NADH if anyone can help me understand the difference or if someone has found one better then the other. Most NADH products need to be taken on an empty stomach where the NAD is disolved under the tongue and more convenient way to take it. Maybe need to try NADH to compare.

cheers!!!

6. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I'm not an expert on biochemistry, but it is my understanding that the ratio of NAD to NADH is important. If the ratio is low, it will lead to oxidative stress. Therefore I believe long term supplementation of NADH is a bad idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotinamide_adenine_dinucleotide

7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I think i might need to research it more as i have read it has antioxidant properties, but i suppose everything that potentially can increase energy can cause oxidation.

Even antioxidants like vit e etc after encounter free radicals turn into free radicals themselves but are weaker free radicals then the molecules vit e has just eliminated. this is where Lipoic acid comes into its own as it regernerates these other antioxidants that have turned into weaker free radicals.

Get confusing trying to understand all the biochemistry of it all.

SO from what u have read, is it NAD that can increase oxidative stress or is it the conversion of NAD to NADH that causes the oxidative stress??

cheers!!!

8. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    It is when the NAD/NADH ratio is low, i.e. when there is too much NADH in relation to NAD. Why this happens, I don't know. It is my understanding that both forms can convert into each other. I'm sure Rich could tell you a lot more about this.

9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Cool, so NAD itself should be less of a problem as u would think that if nadh levels are adequate then the body would convert less NAD to NADH. Yes hopefully Rich chimes in to explain. U can look into alot of research but at the end of the day u have to try something and see what happens i guess.

cheers!!!

10. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    So a decline in the NAD:NADH ratio is associated with aging.

11. INKY

INKY Inky

Brighton
    I am surprised no one mentioned Ginko Biloba, but from the trade marks you are mentioning I would guess Australian, Ginko was recommended in UK a few years ago also for Alzheimers, I have found Ginko to be helpful, not a cure and not dramatic , it seems to reduce the sudden stand up and nearly blanking out ,forget the name of that. Apparently Ginko thins the blood a bit allowing easier passage, also to be related to Vitamins B.

12. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    These are the supplement dosages recommended on the Mitoaction website:

Untitled.png
    Untitled 2.png

13. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Dosages seem similar to what i take except for q10 which seem to advise much higher doses, for me that 400mg twice a day, thats alot and now im only using 100mg a day. maybe i could try slowly increasing the dose.

thanks for that link, thats cool.

cheers!!!

Allyson likes this.
  14. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Well, if you were to take ubiquinol, 100mg would be an adequate dose.

15. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I think the alcar has definately helped me to be able to handle carbs better, when i eat a small carb meal previously it would set my appetitte off and i would easily put weight on from carbs. Of late i have been losing weight with no change in diet and can handle small carb meals without going on a binge or the urge to go on a binge. I did start the alcar with the q10 so probably the combo of both helping.

cheers!!!

16. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    my q10 doesnt say if its ubiquinol or not, suppose to be high absorption as it has bioperine in it.

cheers!!!

17. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    i have tried siberian ginseng and it definitely keeps me awake
    that was golden glow brand - alot of their vitamins keep me awake though i find
    iI might try another brand as a few people have said it helps
    my doc hac prescirbed dexamphtetamine for me as a stimulant
    isn't that "speed"?
    woud that not cause you to crash and burn?
    Has any one else tried it please?

18. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Stimulants have been used. Frequently they do cause crash and burn, though some do benefit. They are best used to help cope with crises I think, not everyday use. Bye, Alex

Allyson likes this.
  19. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Has anyone considered PQQ?

20. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
    Roxie thanks for that site - the d ribose is nearly 10 dollars chaper than iherb and i use it a lot
    however has anyone used that company before?
    I saw something on the site about repeat charges to your credit card unless you tell then to stop
    I emailed them to clarify and will let you know how I get on

See more popular forum discussions.