• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Role of Toll-Like Receptors In CFS/ME: A Promising New Therapeutic Approach?

adreno

PR activist
I don't know if the cause of my condition is upregulated TLR4
I don't know either. But TLR4 seems to be heavily involved in neuroinflammation:

Inflammatory processes occur in the brain in conjunction with stroke and neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Researchers have presented new findings about some of the ‘key players’ in inflammation. In the long term, these findings could lead to new treatments.

One of these key players is a receptor called TLR4. The receptor plays such an important role in the body's innate immune system that the researchers who discovered it were awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. The other key player is a protein called galectin-3, which is absent in healthy brains but present in a brain suffering ongoing inflammation.

New findings on 'key players' in brain inflammation

Crux

I don't know either. But TLR4 seems to be heavily involved in neuroinflammation:

New findings on 'key players' in brain inflammation

Thanks adreno,
I've got some learning to do. All these pathways, reactions, processes... I get overwhelmed.
For now, though, I'm improving by reducing commensal bacteria.
At some point, this will change ; I hope I can sense when.

Again, Thank You.

Crux

How? Please link me to a previous post of yours if you already exposed your protocol.

I haven't exposed my protocol because I haven't really developed one!:redface:

I'm going to look for a thread about SIBO, and post in it. I'll 'ring' you when I do. ( caution; it may be messy) :oops:

Daffodil

Crux

I am very interested in this aspect.

I haven't found a consumate article about the relationship between bacteria and viruses, but it looks like there's a symbiosis somehow.

Whenever I would eat a trigger food ( acidic), I would get gut symptoms, neurological symptoms, and then, (bip), a shingles outbreak.

I've read that some viruses are PH dependent, though I think it's much more than that.

I wonder if the increased acids from lactic acid formation or acid intake, damages cells, (tenderizes), making them more susceptible to viral replication.

There are folks here who would be much more adept at this subject, but since I've had an obvious experience, I wrote about it.

I know someone could easily say, 'correlation doesn't mean causation', but I can and have,( accidentally), repeated this many times for many years, with painful success.

Again, this is anecdotal, so a lab would have to takeover to prove it. Maybe they have, already.

Gondwanaland

Again, this is anecdotal,
I am highly interested in everything anedoctal, especially reported by a well-informed patient like you. I might not be in this world anymore when research proves what is behind my current state, meaning that it might take several years until it has some recognized importance for public health and goes beyond the "it's all in your head" speech, like "nobody has that" or worse "everybody has that".
relationship between bacteria and viruses, but it looks like there's a symbiosis somehow.
and fungi.... ?
I've read that some viruses are PH dependent, though I think it's much more than that.

I wonder if the increased acids from lactic acid formation or acid intake, damages cells, (tenderizes), making them more susceptible to viral replication.
Have you looked into lysine/arginine intake ratio? Interestingly Lysine comes in acidic form for supplementation, so it is a double-edged sword. This is one of the reasons that made me consume dairy again, to up my lysine intake. Can't rely on too much bacon for it, my cholesterol is the highest ever right now...

Edit -- just now I realized this discussion is off-topic here, sorry !

Crux

Last edited:

Hip