1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Psychologist - views of ME

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Jenny, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Tulip

Tulip Guest

Heapsreal,

With Dr Deed behind you and armed with all the knowledge you need of what this illness really is, it shouldn't be too hard. It just tends to be a bumpy road with many pig headed people along the way. The most important thing in getting on the dsp if ever needed, is to say you can not work at all, don't tell them you may be able to do an hour here or there as they will see it as you being able to work and you either won't get it or they will harrass you forever. The dsp is set up so that once you are on it IF you are well enough you can work a certain amount without needing to tell them and still get the payment. But.. the government is changing things slightly from january next year, and it may be a bit harder after that to get onto the dsp. It's actually the people with mental illnesses that they are trying to kick off the dsp.

Yes if your wife works part time you will still get centrelink payments, the cut off for family tax benefit a and b is quite high, dsp may be reduced slightly (if at all).

You can play around with the online family assistance estimator at the centrelink website to give you an idea of what you would get in family tax benefits.

Estimator here: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/online_estimators.htm

And info on payment rates etc for the dsp are here: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/payments/disability_support.htm

Hope that helps and good luck with the valcyte :Retro smile:
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Thanks for that info. I think im going to have to work till i collapse then to get any chance, especially since they are making it harder to get.

cheers!!!
  3. Tulip

Tulip Guest

Yeah it's a pittance!. But if you ever do need to go down that road because you simply can not work, if centrelink rejects you the commonwealth ombudsman is your best friend :thumbsup: And with centrelink being a government dept, they can only deal with a certain amount of harrassment/appeals before they give in :D

See more popular forum discussions.