1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Psychologisation of Illness (Goudsmit, 2002)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Reference: Goudsmit, EM. The Psychologisation of illness. In Brostoff J, Challacombe SJ (eds.) Food Allergy and Intolerance. 2002. 2nd Edition. WB Saunders. Pp. 685-693.

Rather than post this in the personality thread (even though it might perhaps be useful for letters to the editor), I thought I'd highlight it here.

Although not on ME or CFS specifically, there are a lot of ME and CFS references in it.

Start
    Free Full Text at: http://freespace.virgin.net/david.axford/psy-algy.htm
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

That is a very interesting verb, to psychologize.

Merriam-Webster Definition of Psychologize:

Intransitive Verb: to speculate in psychological terms or on psychological motivations

Transitive Verb: to explain or interpret in psychological terms
  3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Many thanks for posting. It is a very worrying aspect of Medicine. Hoping now the evidence of Virals in ME is overwhelming the Profession will sort itself out.
  4. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

Thanks for posting this. From time to time I've tried to find the financial impact of "Psychologisation" of illness. As noted, there is very little information on this. The arrogance of the health care system is remarkable. It will end in the future when the country can't or won't continue to financially feed the monster.

See more popular forum discussions.