1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Psychiatric view of ME/CFS. What is it?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Orla, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Orla you started this thread - I'm an eleven yearer and know very well this disease has nothing to do with psychiatry or psychology - ditch the lot - unable as they are to see the wood from the trees.
  2. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    I refused to accept I was ill and for decades insisted on telling myself "I am healthy and just need to eat well and excrcise" with disastrous results. This is not just pseudo-science, it is evidentially untrue once personality of many patients is expertly assessed.
    Tito likes this.
  3. concepcion

concepcion

So sad that with all the evidence based research going on, which not only PROVES that this illness is real but is slowly but surely showing HOW it impacts many systems in the body, that this bogus, ignorant and malicious view is still being discussed. If stress can impact ME, exposure to these toxic views needs to end. These charlatan psychiatrists should no longer be given a voice in medical and scientific arenas. Instead they should be relegated to circles where superstition and animal sacrifices are valued.
  4. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    They seem to prefer human sacrifice 'en Mass'
    concepcion and peggy-sue like this.

See more popular forum discussions.