1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Power Of The Nap

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by livingwithcfids, Dec 9, 2011.

1. livingwithcfids

livingwithcfids

Sometimes when i'm just minding my own business, typing on my laptop, my body becomes weak and achy so I must lie down but when I do lie down for a while (10-20 minutes) I feel a bit more energized than I did before. Not even napping per say, just resting in bed with my eyes open helps.

2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Good to hear, makes sense to me. If you check out the self help CFIDS website, I think they would suggest something like this, if not even more rest!

GG

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    That sounds like light-headedness, probably from neurally mediated hypotension. There's not enough oxygen getting to the brain, which causes the crappy feeling, then lying down improves circulation to the brain, making you feel better after a bit.

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Do you lie down horizontally during your nap? I find that this helps with blood flow. Even when sitting I try to keep my legs up on the sofa. I never feel energised but I can improve my limited physical functioning that way.

See more popular forum discussions.