1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Peer Review "Fig Leaf": Vera Hassner Sharav

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Apr 30, 2010.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    While the chief of the US National Institute of Mental Health this week stopped short of saying scientists are corrupt because of their ties to industry, as AP reported -- Vera Hassner Sharav does not give scientists a similar pass, partly because the testimonies she organized on unethical research on the mentally ill before the National Bioethics Advisory Committee in 1997 led to the shut down of 29 clinical trials at NIMH. Hassner Sharav is founder and president of the Alliance for Human Research Protection, a public interest watch dog group based in New York that aims to "unlock the walls of secrecy in biomedical research and to bring accountability to that endeavor"... http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1004/S00011.htm
  2. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member

Scotland
    It was pointed out to me recently that medical research is not the same as scientific research and is not done in the same way though they pretend it is.

You see that in the ME/CFS research. They do not seem able to grasp the concept of positive and negative controls and why you need them.

Plus all the other things wrong as well. Science may be going the same way, but medicine got there first and is showing the way.

Mithriel

See more popular forum discussions.