Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Other Spanish XMRV Study (IrsiCaixa) - Stalled - Questions & Answers Thread

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by eric_s, Feb 18, 2011.

1. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    Hi all

It seems there are many questions regarding those studies. It's a good thing people are interested and i hope many can make the decision to help a bit.

Clara Valverde, the president of Liga SFC, who helped initiate and fund the studies, has said that people can write her with questions.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where questions and anwers can be posted, so that she doesn't have to answer the same questions many times. She has ME/CFS herself, so you can all imagine that it's probably quite stressful to do that job.

When asking her a question, please ask wheter she agrees with you posting her answer here on Phoenix Rising, so other people can read it (and don't have to ask the same question again).

Here are her contact details:

Clara Valverde
    formacionsalud(at)hotmail.com
    President Liga SFC
    www.ligasfc.org
    and International Relations for ASSSEM
    www.asssem.org

Clara Valverde speaks English, as she is Canadian (probably Spanish as well, but i'm not 100% sure).

2. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Q: Will there be a presentation? [This is referring to the already completed studies]

A: They will make the official presentation at CROI in Boston. http://retroconference.org/2011/

Q: Will all the money donated to the accounts mentioned with the text "Estudio XMRV SFC" go to XMRV research?

A: Some people have asked us if the donation money to the account "XMRV en SFC" goes all to ME/CFS research. The answer is YES. ("SFC" is ME/CFS in Spanish).

3. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Here is some further info, it's second hand though, not from Clara Valverde directly:

See more popular forum discussions.