1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Open Medicine Institute: Big Plans and a Sense of Urgency

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Jul 1, 2013.

1. voner

voner Senior Member

Sasha,

Thank you for the clear, Concise, informative and nicely written blog.
    Sasha likes this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Thank you - my pleasure! :)
  3. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    They can have my brain - it's not doing me much good!
    Sasha and Bob like this.
  4. Wally

Wally Senior Member

@Sasha - I was a little slow in finding the article you wrote, but nice job on getting this information out. Dr. Kogelnik is my doctor and I didn't even know all the things that you covered in this article. :wide-eyed: Thank you. :thumbsup:
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    So was I slow! It took a bit of digging - it was a while ago now. It's a great initiative. I'm glad you found some new stuff! :)
  6. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    I count$ 13 million for high tech toxins and $400k for "anecdotal" over the counter stuff (like b12). This plan is down the toilet from the begining.they're going to cure a Disease of Civilization (Google Kurt Harris MD-he's one of them and he knows it's a crock of shit!) with more toxic synthenic substances. Wow! Did I miss the part about Diet, Toxins,EMF"s, LIFESTYLES. Let them just give Freddd and Radio a $100 grand to take over the whole project and take the rest of the $13 to Vegas! How do you say "pissing money away" in other countries?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  7. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    :)Sorry I did not see $600 k for Genome research. So I will amend my Statistical analysis. $12.4 MILLION FOR HIGH TECH CRAP and $1 MILLION FOR SOMETHING "SOMEWHAT" NATURALTHAT COULD WORK. We are up to 8%. I see a "cure" any day now. Don't you?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  8. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    People do research they think is important and other people donate to programs they think are valuable. Who are you to judge?

I suggest if you have THE ANSWER, rather than criticizing other people's choices with nasty language, you set up a research program yourself. Find the right researchers, do the necessary fundraising, and prove your answer is a cure for ME/CFS. That would be way more useful than coming on PR and ragging on researchers trying to help us.
  9. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    I am sorry that I brought such anger out in you. My point was to point out , poisons will not cure poisoned people. Being human is the only chance we victims of Civilization will have to be cured. Many modalities for cure are already being used by people on PR. Its just so very few are listening. The resarch on diet, methylation, resistant starch, et all all have threads here. Just very few are interested in trying them. There is very little reason to raise funds. Potato starch is under $3 a lb. Just try it. Peace

See more popular forum discussions.