• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Naviaux Protocol (Remove the Trigger / Refill the Tank / Flip the Switch)

I'm actually quite confused as to what parts make me look like a fraud out of them. I personally dont really care whether anyone listens. It isnt a secret. Ari explains his program in his pre-registration video... and yes the things he explains to do are way more than anyone could even imagine, never mind actually go and do..people really need to find their info and get better- i spent half a year researching and im
Pretty grateful i have 95-99% if not all of the info i need to recover.

I'll be posting my story on YouTube when I'm better and helping others as im far too passionate about health, CFS recovery and i want others to see the light, and actually walk the walk! (I'm only at 10-20% of recovery so its early days for me) if you have any questions at all feel free to ask and i'll answer them (because its nice for someone to recognise the positives- that doesnt always happen when sharing ideas)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Indeed i'm going to focus on emotional/spiritual based recovery, only positive thoughts and stretch goals from now on. So counseling and exercise is all i need to improve. Lets all hail CBT/GET :whistle:

I 100% disagree with excert you picked about us needing drugs though. Anyone who is relying on drugs for recovery is barking up the wrong tree in my opinion. A lot of people think they need naviaux to come up with a drug, when in reality that is the last thing we need, and it will probably never happen.

anyone can get their energy back WITHOUT DRUGS, with or without aris program... theres other people who help others get better. You really have to find what resonates with you. But it should involve aris steps- fixing Circadian Rhythm and sleep, Eliminates all: triggers of the CDR/triggers of ANYTHING unhealthy, all toxins (even stuff like toxic kitchen products. Healing gut permeability/leaky gut (most of us have this), fixing any gut dysbiosis and doing an intense anti:viral, candida,yeast/parsite cleanse, loads Of fermented foods, a science based detox regime all year round, calming the mind and nervous system to be in a healing state, hormesis to grow new Mitochondria.

The problem is, people look at naviaux and start to subconsciously rely on him hoping he makes a drug. Ari has Simply looked at all of the good research in the world and put it all together.. simple yet comple. Have a good day. Im actually interested in speaking to you for some reason, so like i said, feel free to ask away!

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Shit thats where ive being going wrong.
Damn bad attitude.
Goin to spend 6 months with monks.
Sort out my cfs once and for all.
Indeed. Also in many places marijuana is becoming legal, i know few unhappy people on MJ, so logically its also a cure :woot:

Would be great if Ari put together some case studies showing his results or a pilot trial.

What do you think it is about his background and protocol that makes it so effective?
One thing he doesnt seem to cover is mold, which will probably be an issue for a certain amount of people. And the thing is, im not really 'hopeful' of this working... its just obvious that it will. My belief system is that internal and external stressors (anything unhealthy) obviously cause a CFS situation, simply remove all toxins and anything that prevents optimal health (something 99.99% of people with CFS think they've done, but actually havent) if someone thinks they have, tell me what you've done and I WILL PERSONALLY tell you something you havent done. I can guarantee it.

Then just do everything possible to help the body and Mitochondria thrive. Also an extreme virus situation may need more of an antiviral protocol alongside Aris steps. Again, the first question you ask is if hes going to do a trial, people dont take action, they just question things... i do get it though, people dont want to get scammed etc.

Luckily for me i have all of the recovery info i need (and most importantly i resonate with it!) anyway, honestly, good luck. If yo arent better in the next 1-2years or so remember the name Michael Fortune. I'll be posting my story all over the internet. Also i have recorded videos already of me ill, telling the online community that i know im going to get better. So yeahhh. Happy healing people.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Dr Robert Naviaux has suggested a three phased model for reversing the cell danger response (CDR), and recovering ME/CFS patients from a dauer hypometabolic state. I haven't seen it discussed on a dedicated thread, and I thought it was worth delving into.

The Naviaux Protocol
  1. Remove the trigger. This would presumably mean treating any underlying pathogen (antivirals, antibiotics), treating autoimmunity or autoinflammation (immunosuppressants), unbinding toxins (metals, mold), or avoiding certain environments (mold, chemicals, etc).

2. Refill the metabolic tank. Naviaux specifically implicates NAD+, NADPH, Glycerol, and Citrulline as key metabolites that rise when nematodes (C. elegans) exit hypo-metabolism (See slide below). On the CDC call he also mentioned that there are hundreds of others that his research data is identifying.

3. Flip the switch. Naviaux mentioned that he's raising funds for a low dose trail of a drug called suramin in ME/CFS patients (antipuringeric therapy). Suramin is an IV pharmaceutical used in African sleeping sickness that was shown by Naviaux to reverse autism in mice (1a) and more recently in human children (1b).

I've quoted the opening post as it is great thread with lots to explore. Please be careful not to divert from it by speculating on the motivations or character of individual posters--rather stick to discussing the content of their posts (without sarcasm): "Please keep your focus on the facts of the topic under discussion - not on the person with whom you disagree."

Let's return to this opening topic--otherwise posts will need to be edited or removed.

Murph

:)
deleted my post, which I wrote long after I should've gone to bed and was much more mean than the person I'd like to be!

Note: Since Murph deleted his post, all the posts where his post was quoted have been edited to remove the quoted material.

keenly

Dr Robert Naviaux has suggested a three phased model for reversing the cell danger response (CDR), and recovering ME/CFS patients from a dauer hypometabolic state. I haven't seen it discussed on a dedicated thread, and I thought it was worth delving into.

Note: This is based on Dr Naviaux's 5/25/17 call with the CDC, his 2016 Hypometabolic study, and his theoretical model for future treatment. He is not a practicing clinician, and it's not an approach he's currently recommending.

--------------

The Naviaux Protocol
  1. Remove the trigger. This would presumably mean treating any underlying pathogen (antivirals, antibiotics), treating autoimmunity or autoinflammation (immunosuppressants), unbinding toxins (metals, mold), or avoiding certain environments (mold, chemicals, etc).

2. Refill the metabolic tank. Naviaux specifically implicates NAD+, NADPH, Glycerol, and Citrulline as key metabolites that rise when nematodes (C. elegans) exit hypo-metabolism (See slide below). On the CDC call he also mentioned that there are hundreds of others that his research data is identifying.

3. Flip the switch. Naviaux mentioned that he's raising funds for a low dose trail of a drug called suramin in ME/CFS patients (antipuringeric therapy). Suramin is an IV pharmaceutical used in African sleeping sickness that was shown by Naviaux to reverse autism in mice (1a) and more recently in human children (1b).

I've seen no mention anywhere online of any ME/CFS patient ever trying suramin. Note that it has quite a nasty side effect profile, which is presumably why Naviaux plans to test in low doses.

Interestingly suramin has also been looked at for treating RNA viruses (2) and cancer (3).
--------------

In practice this protocol might look something like:
  1. Rituximab / Rega Compound 17 (4)

2. Various supplements

3. Suramin
--------------

More on suramin from Naviaux's autism study:

And from Wikipedia:

--------------

Ref: Slides from Naviaux's CDC call

View attachment 21401
View attachment 21402

God bless Naviaux! He is right! However that being said it is still very difficult to fix CFS. We are indeed in a Dauer state. I do not think Suramin will be the answer.

God bless Naviaux! He is right! However that being said it is still very difficult to fix CFS. We are indeed in a Dauer state. I do not think Suramin will be the answer.
CFS isnt really that difficult to fix. Its a hard path to walk and you have to find the pieces of your individual jigsaw so you can get better but its really not so difficult to where its impossible for most. Its inevitable for most, the ones who can actually manage to find the right people to work with, the ones who can actually afford a full healing protocol for as long as it takes 6months to 3 years or so porentially.. the ones who can actually afford to work with practicioners who help people recover. And the ones who gain an understanding of what they need to do and do it for long enough. Theres so many people looking for one thing and that one thing may only be 5% of the puzzle. People do something (a small piece of the puzzle) for like 6 months, if that. Then they're like 'oh well that didnt work, see there is no cure' 'oh well ill try something else' This can really hinder peoples recovery and can keep them ill for a long time. People need a truly holistic approach!

I will also add, i'm not saying its easy to recover, it takes a lot of financial and mental commitment. I personally think finding the right people/information on recovery and actually understand/believing that its the right path is the hardest for some!

gregh286

I will also add, i'm not saying its easy to recover, it takes a lot of financial and mental commitment. I personally think finding the right people/information on recovery and actually understand/believing that its the right path is the hardest for some!

Your in danger of offending many people here. CFS requires the strongest of wills and "mental" commitment just to get through one day to next. To deal with non-believers and daily life requires a momumental effort that normal people do at a breeze.
Financial commitment you are talking total bollocks, no offence. Money has nothing to do with recovery. I have a lot of financial resource to throw at this, what do you want me to take to cure me?? Bear in mind I have been a patient of KDM, Hale Fatigue Clinic London and Synergy Belfast so have seen my fair share of people who can help when your wallet is fat enough.

Last edited:

ukxmrv

Please bare in mind he has looked at every single study every done regarding health, energy, fatigue and CFS etc and developed a fully 100% science backed protocol (in the next 5-20 years it will probably be viral and mainstream imo)
Module 1: Remove triggers of the CDR.
1.1 Fixing sleep and Circadian Rhythm (there's 3 hours of content just on this to start)
1.2- remove triggers- He has come up with every possible trigger for the CDR (anything bad pretty much, ask for more details if you wish)

2- recharge and repair your Mitochondria
This is basic and extremely advanced nutrition for energy, mito healing and mito membrane repair.
2.3- light exposure (most humans are deficient in the spectrum of light the sun emits

3- heal and seal the gut.
Fix leaky gut then do an extreme 'kill phase' to fix dysbiosis/candida etc etc etc

4- fix liver and detox (all the REAL science in the world on detoxing) no psuedoscience bullshit.

5- Neuroscience- how to get the brain out of stress mode and therefore be in a healing state AND MORE.

6- Hormesis.

The course Is closed for registration temporarily but Is your budget good? If you have decent funding you probably want to get this to be honest. However some of the things he recommends arent exactly cheap but if your budget is decent then you should be good (he says you dont have to do everything if you cant afford it. Theres nothing like it in the world. All of the skeptical pessimists that think they cant get better have done NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to this protocol. *Remember, anybody else you get info from has 100% not looked at all of the research Ari has..*

Any questions feel free to ask.

I just can't see anything different here to similar programs I tried in the 1980s and 1990's. It didn't work for me then or members of my local ME group sadly. Spent so much time and money on these types of things.

We all went on anti-candida diets, took supplements, tried to fix our "leaky guy" and more.

What is new here that could be the missing link or part please?

Your in danger of offending many people here. CFS requires the strongest of wills and "mental" commitment just to get through one day to next. To deal with non-believers and daily life requires a momumental effort that normal people do at a breeze.
Financial commitment you are talking total bollocks, no offence. Money has nothing to do with recovery. I have a lot of financial resource to throw at this, what do you want me to take to cure me?? Bear in mind I have been a patient of KDM, Hale Fatigue Clinic London and Synergy Belfast so have seen my fair share of people who can help when your wallet is fat enough.
In my personal opinion i dont think that is the optimal way to view things. Money without a doubt has EVERYTHING to do with recovery. Those in the UK on sickness benefits gets roughly £300 a month. My budget is £700-£900 per month *if neccessary* if someone doesnt have the finance to work with good quality CFS practicioners (a good CFS practicioner will be working with you completely holistically and in my opinion and the opinion of others the Psychology side is at least 50% of the puzzle for a lot of people. Theres obviously loads of physical things to address but if youve been to see kdM etc etc but havent had Psychology support and been taught Psychology tools then in my opinion this may not be optimal for you.

I just can't see anything different here to similar programs I tried in the 1980s and 1990's. It didn't work for me then or members of my local ME group sadly. Spent so much time and money on these types of things.

We all went on anti-candida diets, took supplements, tried to fix our "leaky guy" and more.

You cant see anything different? What i described is a very basic outline of a very complex and comprehensive protocol, so we cant really say whether you have done everything in the Energy Blueprint program. HOWEVER, I must add, this protocol simply isnt enough for me personally and probably for most with CFS. Working one on one with a HOLISTIC CFS practicioner who spends as much time talking about psychology stuff as they do physical/biology stuff is essential for most in my opinion. And getting very specific testing i.e Mitochondria- what is inhibiting oxidative phosphorylation, what raw materials for ATP are deficient etc etc. A test for toxic metals is also pretty essential (although this cant be 100% accuurate) ps no this isnt me exhausting all possible things to try...

Its pretty simple to see, whats different is, 1 other thing would be light deficiencies (vitamin D supplementation is NOT a replacement for being deficient in sunlight. A good quality UVB Lamp must be bought as the UVB rays from the sun give us more than just vitamin d (most people dont have a clue about this tiny tiny piece of the puzzle) the sun also emits different kinds of red light which are ESSENTIAL for optimal health and energy. Again, this isnt as much detail as i could go into, obviously.

gregh286

In my personal opinion i dont think that is the optimal way to view things. Money without a doubt has EVERYTHING to do with recovery. Those in the UK on sickness benefits gets roughly £300 a month. My budget is £700-£900 per month *if neccessary* if someone doesnt have the finance to work with good quality CFS practicioners (a good CFS practicioner will be working with you completely holistically and in my opinion and the opinion of others the Psychology side is at least 50% of the puzzle for a lot of people. Theres obviously loads of physical things to address but if youve been to see kdM etc etc but havent had Psychology support and been taught Psychology tools then in my opinion this may not be optimal for you.

Well spill the beans then. How are you specifically going to cure yourself from this easy to fix disease. We are all waiting patiently to hear. My physcology is fine....i have an organic energy issue. I have high lactate....pem....muscle fatigue...what physcology i need to fix that.

Well spill the beans then. How are you specifically going to cure yourself from this easy to fix disease. We are all waiting patiently to hear. My physcology is fine....i have an organic energy issue. I have high lactate....pem....muscle fatigue...what physcology i need to fix that.
If you're getting PEM you are constantly asking more of your Mitochondria than what they can manage. (This is basic pacing people) A quick note on pacing- if you regularly crash/get PEM/lactic acid you are askint TOO MUCH of your body and you are preventing your body from repairing. (Im not saying doing this one thing alone will repair you to 100%) I've ony been researching for 7months and one of the first things i learned was regarding PEM and pacing, thats simply part of a basic foundation.