1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Naive Patient

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Firestormm, Sep 17, 2013.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    I'm a bit puzzled. Maybe it's a national thing, but I always thank service providers, shop assistants, etc., when they provide a service, unless they have already started serving someone else.

What do you say when you leave the doctor's office (which we call a surgery in the UK, rather irrationally, I think!)? Just 'goodbye'?
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    lol. MeSci

I see you're a very literal person and I can appreciate
    where you're coming from. I used to write tech info
    as part of my programmer analyst job. Every letter
    had to be exact. I look at
    what everyone writes on a message board as informal
    communication. Imho, that's a big part of what makes interacting
    interesting.

I do normally thank my doctors, etc etc etc. I was just keeping
    my post short since I'm using one finger and saw
    no need to elaborate.

I thought the doctors point of view was interesting.
    I've been looking for more positive comments by
    healthcare professionals to try to understand their
    perspectives on how they do their jobs. I learned it's
    not a job.

tc ... x
  3. Astrid13

Astrid13

Please watch "Under Our Skin" a documentary about Lyme Disease. It may help you find all the answers you've been seeking for so long. Best of luck!
    Love, Astrid
  4. Banksy

Banksy

Dubrovnik/Croatia
    im moderate affected. i can put my self in shape to work with people hour, two and sometimes more. my friends dont understand, some are even doctors(13 bloody years i have cfs) but when get back home i have wife that understand. only thing i regret is i cant take her out to see the world. made the money meanwhile but still dont have strength. i still consider my self lucky. my message is: dont forget to live because u aint gonna get rid of this shit. u will have better or worst days but that's it.
    alex3619 and rosie26 like this.
  5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Victoria, so nice to see your post here; it's been a while! --- I purchased an "Earthing Pad" for about $50-$60 or so, and have found it invaluable in keeping me from burning out so badly on the computer. Helped the burnout by as much as 90%.

Take care! :thumbsup:

Wayne
    dannybex likes this.
  6. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hi Wayne,

I remember you getting one of these awhile back. I was interested too, but the place I lived in had NO grounded outlets…not one! :) But I moved since then, so now I can reconsider one, if I can round up the pennies.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could describe the 'burning out' in a little more detail? Would being on the computer tense you up, increase stress levels, etc.? Or something different?

Also, do you know if it makes a difference if one is using a flat screen (I have a used Mac), or one of the older PC-monitor type computers?

Thanks Wayne!

Dan
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    All power outlets are three plug outlets in Australia, with grounding. I have seen this in at least two other countries as well. Two plug outlets went out with the arc in most of the world.
  8. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hey Dan,

Prior to getting an earthing pad, I would often start feeling my energy draining within seconds of getting on the computer. If I was having a better day, I wouldn't notice it quite so quickly. On bad days, I would feel quite nauseous and it would literally feel like a vacuum cleaner sucking the energy out of my solar plexus area. Headaches were another common problem, flaring up within minutes of getting on the computer. Again, this depended on what kind of day I was having.

On days where I was doing better and did more, I could easily end up with a computer related PEM, or hangover as I would refer to it (spacey and disconnected). Part of it was likely a part of mental PEM, but the computer hangover was definitely identifiable. I experience similar things when driving from some intense EMFs coming off of the dashboard. I want to learn how to ground myself while driving, as my driveable distances have dwindled down to about 20-30 minutes or so.

I ran across a video once on how to ground a vehicle, but haven't been able to find it. If you run across anything like this as you do your own research, please let me know. --- Thanks. :)

Wayne
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  9. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    @Wayne -- thanks for your speedy reply -- I appreciate it, and of course always good to hear from you.

I was doing a little reading (or probably too much reading) on the subject this afternoon, and am not sure what to think, as it seems like we're being bombarded my increasing levels of EMF's from everywhere -- especially 'smart meters' (?), and the increasing numbers of cell phone towers. There was a site I saw earlier where you could find the number of towers in your area (within a 4 mile radius) and there were over 340 in my 'hood'.Kind of overwhelming, but I suppose there could be a dozen other reasons I've been doing worse since moving here. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input, and will consider a small mat, and maybe some bands…but am trying to find a cheap voltmeter (a guy mentions a radio shack model for $20 on amazon) but I haven't found it yet.Gotta get off the 'puter for now! :)
  10. Creamcheese

Creamcheese Creamcheese

Northeast USA
    Yes! A beautiful bunch which I have sorely missed the past few years during my absence. It has been a slow motion return to internet activity for me. It is a comfort to know that others do know and try to understand what I express, whether clear or through a foggy mist. Can avoid what may upset me and pay attention to what is supportive and/or interesting. Is good to see that this PRF site is still in motion. _Susan (Creamcheese)
    Jody, Firestormm and Wayne like this.

See more popular forum discussions.