Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"The most extreme consequence - trauma and premature death" (October 25)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tom Kindlon, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

"The most extreme consequence - trauma and premature death" (on ME/CFS) (October 25)

http://livetsbilder.blogspot.ie/2016/10/the-most-extreme-consequence-trauma-and.html

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Wow ------ amazing blog -----

Someone did a post recently about how persons with ME/CFS are gaslighted by the medical profession - we are dismissed, our reality questioned, etc. by the very people who are supposed to be helping.

I've been wondering lately how much worse this awful illness is because of how we are treated, its invisibility, its almost complete lack of validation by the medical profession at large and family and friends. Not only is it one of the most debilitating illnesses on the planet, but patients are almost completely on their own in terms of both treatment and dealing emotionally with this illness. It would be hard to try to come up with a worse scenario. The blog discusses this all very eloquently, well worth a read.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://livetsbilder.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/the-most-extreme-consequence-trauma-and.html

Mary, Dolphin, actup and 10 others like this.
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks. I'm certain I have got PTSD from how Ive been treated around this illness not just due to doctors but the support services can be even worst.

Mary, Jan, Countrygirl and 1 other person like this.
  5. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

The same observation of iatrogenic PTSD was voiced at a conference on Periodic Paralysis last year. All the patients in that organization have diagnoses based on objective signs and laboratory results, so it should be easy to rule out a "conversion disorder" (formerly called "hysterical conversion disorder" in the bad old days when only women were blamed). A substantial number of doctors haven't learned.

Sean, taniaaust1, Woolie and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.