• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Microbe Discovery Project are wanting personal stories and donation messages

aimossy

I saw this on Dr Lipkins thread. I just thought it needed a thread of its own so more people might see it. This was a message from The Microbediscovery Team.

Right now Microbe discovery project needs your help for a few things and we hope people on here can or would help us with these specific tasks.
Email: microbediscovery@gmail.com .
Subject title in the email, please put "donation message" or "my story".

1)We need donation messages please. You can be anonymous, just request that at the bottom of your message. Video messages are also extremely welcome if brave people are up to it!
If you are wanting to for ease feel free to drop a donation message on this thread.

2)We need a person on FB who can share posts that sometimes need cut and pasted form Microbe discovery face book page to groups because FB has changed and does not share to everybody who likes the page. Please email us if you are wanting to help with this.

3)We need your stories to publish and they can be in written form and anonymous. Again video of people telling their stories is also extremely welcome if they were brave enough!
As a guide and so its not too long for people we have set out some things to help people do this.
Please include if you can and these are optional:

How long you have been ill.
How and where you got ill.
How has it affected life and how it continues to. Not too long :)
How affected you are now functionally.
Tell us why you have donated/ keen on this research.

The above things are needed for this phase of the campaign and we are really hoping that people might help us out with any of these. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Bob

Last edited:

aimossy

Hi @Bob I just wanted to make sure the word got out. I've sent my story as well as posted a donation message on the other thread :)