• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

THE MEA's PETITION ASKING NICE TO REVIEW GUIDELINES EXTENDED TO MONDAY

Countrygirl

I am posting this new thread as I cannot change the heading of the original as Kina and Sushi seem to be off duty.

The MEA have extended the petition to Monday so we can top 15 000 votes. We are about 500 short, so please do all you can to gain some more signatures over the next 24 hours.

Let's show NICE we mean business.:cool::mad:

Please ask any third cousin, great grandmother, great grandchild..........the dog (well.......perhaps not:D )...............anyone who is sympathetic or can be persuaded to be, :whistle:........to sign asap.

Let's pull out all the stops. :thumbsup:

https://www.change.org/p/petition-t...fit-for-purpose-and-needs-a-complete-revision

Thank you!

Barry53

Just posted this publicly on FB:-
For anyone who has ME/CFS or knows anyone with ME/CFS, or anyone who simply *cares*, if you have not yet signed this petition then *please* do so quickly - the petition closes this coming Monday morning at 9 a.m. UK time. In doing so you can help a great many people currently getting extremely inadequate (and in some cases potentially harmful) medical treatment for this disease.

The NICE guidelines for ME/CFS are based on a flawed medical trial that has been widely discredited by many of the world's leading scientists and medical professionals; medical treatment in the UK follows NICE guidance that is now known to be wrong and is sometimes damaging to patients. The NICE guidelines are woefully outdated, and urgently need updating.

The establishment being what it is though, NICE is extremely reluctant to consider such a change, and would much rather leave heads buried in the sand. This petition aims to make them pull their heads (and fingers!) out, and listen to what many leading scientists and medical professionals are trying to tell them. If we can get this petition to 15000 supporters, ideally by tomorrow night, that would be a fantastic help. It's only been running for just over two weeks, so has done incredibly well already.

So anyone who has a heart - please sign ASAP
1f642.png

PLEASE SHARE IF YOU CARE!

Sign the Petition
Petition: The NICE guideline for CFS/ME is unfit for purpose and needs a complete revision
CHANGE.ORG

Edit: Edited my FB post to include the "PLEASE SHARE IF YOU CARE!" line as above.

Last edited: