• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The #MEAction Network - post from Facebook.

aimossy

The link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/MEActNet?fref=ts

ME PATIENTS AND HEALTHY ALLIES!

We can't wait to reveal the work we have been doing on The ME Action Network. Here is sneak peak of what we are hoping to unveil this spring:

– A professional brand concept that can be used by activists around the world...
– Tools for organizing events, petitions, and fundraising that help make it easier for activists to self-organize and scale their projects
– A directory of volunteers to help match projects with people who have specific skills
– Tools for contacting or petitioning members of Congress (US) and Parliament (UK) – (we hope to expand to other countries as well!)
– Printed training modules as well as virtual workshops that draw upon the skills of professional organizers and veteran activists from all around the social issue landscape
As we near the end of our branding process, we are looking to build a *hybrid* team of ME patients and healthy allies who can help us get the platform up and running.

We have two pressing needs right now:

1) Social Media Lead- This role involves sharing important ME news and ME Action Network updates on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook. Ideally this position would be filled by a person with ME who has the ability to dedicate 5-10 hours a week to helping share vital information with the community and growing the community.

2) Project Management/tech Lead- We are building a platform that will help people with ME and our allies to work together on achieving health equality for ME patients. This role involves communicating with technical partners such as graphic designers and technical companies and helping with the implementation of the platform. Experience with implementing software would be very helpful. Ideally this person would be a healthy ally or a person with ME who can commit to ~10 hours a week of technical work, including occasional meetings over Skype.

We are also looking for volunteers with diverse skills in community organizing, media, fundraising, strategic planning, etc. to help us lead the charge.

If you are interested in participating, please email: meactionassistant@gmail.com