Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Many Faces of Autoimmunity (The Vaccine Connection) 6/18/15 by Kate Raines

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by *GG*, Jul 7, 2015.

1. *GG*

*GG*

Concord, NH
    Normally, the body’s natural immune system protects it against harmful outside substances called antigens, which could be a bacteria, virus, toxin, or a chemical or environmental irritant. An allergic reaction occurs when that protective action extends to a substance that is not ordinarily harmful, and an autoimmune reaction occurs when that same overprotective behavior turns on the body itself and reacts against its own cells.1

About 80 different autoimmune disorders have been identified so far, with another 40 diseases said to have some autoimmune component. The tendency toward developing autoimmune disorders seems to run in families, is much more common in women than men, may affect almost any organ system in the body and is definitely on the increase. Health authorities have not yet isolated a “smoking gun” in terms of a direct cause of autoimmunity, but several possible triggers have been identified, among them, genetics and environmental factors including vaccines.2

cont'd

http://www.thevaccinereaction.org/2015/06/the-many-faces-of-autoimmunity/

2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Since it's happening mainly in developed countries I would say vaccines are on the top of the list of suspects. As are GMO's, chemicals in foods, pesticides, and lack of healthy gut biota possibly caused by being too clean--no exposure to antigens, so your body doesn't learn what to attack (theory).

JPV, jepps and ahmo like this.
  3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

too many antibiotics

jepps, ahmo and drob31 like this.
  4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Good call, I knew I was missing something. I'm sure between antibiotics and vaccines, we're creating a disaster.

5. *GG*

*GG*

Concord, NH
    @Kina or any moderator, can you add (The Vaccine Connection) in parentheses to the title?

Thanks!

GG

6. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    @ggingues,

Under the title, towards the right, is an editing tool called, "Thread Tools". It's just to the left of "Watch Thread".

Click on "Thread Tools", and then click on "Edit Title".

Very easy--I can even do it. :)

*GG* likes this.
  7. GONZ0hunter

GONZ0hunter

Fragelle rock, USA

Wouldn't immune dysfunction be a more accurate term?

8. *GG*

*GG*

Concord, NH
    Perhaps, CFS used to be referred to as CFIDS, and still is by some :)

The ID referring to Immune Dysfunction.

GG

9. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Gondwanaland and jepps like this.
  10. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

11. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

I just read the one comment and will be looking for more. He/she seems to think this article is anti vaccine but I read it differently. That it can mean a more efficient vaccine is needed.

Maybe I should take a third look.

Intriguing.

Barb

12. jepps

jepps Senior Member

Austria
    Vaccines reprogramm the immune system, antibiotics destroy it.

Interesting link, thank you @natasa778

When abx flush out the darm microbes, and they are not rebuilt, a following vaccine can be a strong risc.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  13. GONZ0hunter

GONZ0hunter

Fragelle rock, USA
    I'm not sure I buy the gut microbes supply immune stuff.

Vaccines show a distinct lift in immune systems. That's why immunologist use them to check the health of a pts immune system. If a candidia infection really stopped immune system we would never need to get immune replacement treatment. We would aggressively kill candida infections.

See more popular forum discussions.