1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Lightening Process. Does it work? If so then how?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ambrosia_angel, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Dster

Dster

Your understanding is indeed limited.
    Min likes this.
  2. Dster

Dster

I don't care what qualifications he has - his process cured me and 2 other people I know. I don't know why people focus on Parker rather than a process that works - you ned to rise above personal attacks and look at the evidence
  3. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Yes, you do.
    beaker, WillowJ, Min and 3 others like this.
  4. Dster

Dster

5. Kina

Ontario, Canada
    So 3 people out of millions have been cured by LP. That's worse odds than spontaneous recovery. :rofl:
    Calathea, Min, John Mac and 2 others like this.
  6. Dster

Dster

Doh! Citing that the advertising stds authority found Parker in breach of its rules says NOTHING about the efficacy of the LP! There is NO connection. Abortion is illegal in Eire, but it's still highly effective!!!
  7. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

I understand about the theory of CFS being caused by enhanced sympathetic nervous activity and increased secretion of epinephrine but if it was only this simple by taking some betablocker every day we should be fine because this is EXACTLY what they do.

I notice the effect every time I take my low dose ..... but it hasn't made a bit of difference to my ME symptoms or restored my adrenals and thyroid which have been completely knackered by this illness so sorry there has to be a lot more going in in true ME/CFS.

Oh btw @Dster the betablocker hasn't done anything either for the very frequent viruses I get too which knock me for six and make me very unwell and this is despite the fact I have learned to be very chilled and laid back which undoubtedly is due to the calming of the excess adrenaline partly thanks to the the betablocker but also to my attitude of acceptance.

Pam
    Min, peggy-sue, Sushi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Dster

Dster

They don't screen out people in the manner you suggest. But if they think that they are going to be wasting their cash they don't fleece them. Check out this website for some folk who say they are still well months and years later: www.kathykent.co.uk/testimonials.html. These are real folk Justy, including Linda who's someone I've worked with for years who was desperately ill with me, did the LP and now she's cured
  9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Evidence? The only evidence that you are giving is subjective.

Let's see the before and after lab tests. Anyone diagnosed by the Canadian or International Criteria will have abnormal lab tests. Show us the before and after.

Sushi
    beaker, SOC, Min and 2 others like this.
  10. Kina

Ontario, Canada
    The website you linked to is a by a person who provides LP - don't you think that is more than a bit biased? At this point I am wondering if you sell LP training too?
    Min, Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  11. Dster

Dster

What's your point - they're not really ill in the first place and that's why it works on them and wouldn't with real ME sufferers? My practitioner travelled to a bed bound woman and had her up and walking around by the end of the first day. Unless she lied of course
  12. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I had a fairly lengthy personal correspondence with Amir Norris many years ago, when I first heard of this "treatment", I wanted to find out what was involved - because obviously, I want cured.

It quickly became obvious that the "science" was pretty much invented by PP, he does at least make it clear that it is his theory, he does not claim it is based in real scientific knowledge. But he implies that it is. (ergo, psuedoscience)
    It certainly didn't coincide with my Hons. BSc. studies.:whistle:
    Also:
    We (PWME) tend to have low cortisol, we are not running on a huge outpouring of adrenalin - that would cause our blood pressure to RISE - our blood pressure tends to be low.

Maybe I'm just too educated to fall for it.:p

I am a scientist - I do care about folk's qualifications, I don't trust psychic surgeons or clairevoyants and I most certainly won't fall for this nonsense. I am not talking from ignorance, I do know what is entailed in the process - I have read many testimonials - both positive and negative, and some folk have given out exactly what is done.

It's not complicated, it is something somebody who had just genned up from a book could do.
    I could do it and make a fortune too, but I have principles and so I wouldn't.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    beaker, justy, Min and 5 others like this.
  13. Dster

Dster

Sub
    I certainly did fall for this nonsense and now I'm cured - and I'm a scientist too, Bsc and PhD in physics and a fellow of the chartered management institute. Some things are worth denying ones cynicism for ;-).
  14. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

What made you think I was trying to stop you from spending your money on what you want?

90% + of your posts here seem to be about LP, starting off with talking about someone you know who was cured with LP... it's nice that you're so passionate about it.
    Valentijn and Min like this.
  15. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Aah. I have done a little bit of sleuthing on our LP hero.

Going back to another thread on which he posted a thanks to me for explaining the difference between CFS and ME.

This was my post:
    There is nobody in the UK who can diagnose ME. In the NHS, they don't use the correct diagnostic criteria, they have conflated CFS and ME into some useless wastebucket "diagnosis" of CFS/ME, which is meaningless.

CFS can be caused by psychological problems - that sort can be cured with the LP.
    ME is a physical disease, it can't be cured by a psychological treatment.

This is really no different to my friend who was "cured of CFS/ME" by the fitting of a pacemaker. Not all of us have primary heart failure and require a pacemaker, but it was a cure for Rob.
    :)

This was the reply;

Thanks Peggy-Sue, your post is extremely good news for me. I have been diagnosed with CFS/ME, but from what I know about myself and from what you have just posted, I am now convinced that I have CFS and not ME. I will be looking into using the Lightning Process hopefully next month and will update the site as to how I get on. Thanks again.

So, the reason LP worked for Dster is he had CFS.
    Not ME.

Editing to add, (as your post has now appeared) A PhD in Physics (a Hard Science) does not teach you much understanding of biomedical sciences (Life Sciences).
    beaker, Valentijn, Min and 3 others like this.
  16. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Sub??? What does that mean?

And since you have a Ph.D. in physics, I'd think you would appreciate the importance of objective measures.

Sushi
    beaker, Valentijn and Min like this.
  17. Min

Min Senior Member

UK

Alleluia praise the profits!

So your only evidence of these miracle cures is hearsay and 'testimonials' on LP sellers websites that they could have written themselves? It sure sounds as if you sell this questionable process yourself. Your only reason for posting on PR is to zealously promote it.
  18. Kina

Ontario, Canada
    From the website of Kathy Kent:

So it's not a treatment or therapy. Marvelous, wonderful -- you can be cured via a training program unless you are skeptical. I find it all quite disgusting. :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:
    Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  19. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Because it is a training programme not a treatment, there is no requirement of a refund for those people who pay £800 then find it either does not work or worsens their symptoms.
    Wildcat, Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.
  20. Sushi

Albuquerque
    From Kathy Kent's website as quoted by Kina:

Well, for me, this kind of nails it! "Changes in the way YOU think" and the "level of commitment" are not going to kill pathogens and normalize pet scans of the brain!

Sushi
    beaker, Wildcat, Valentijn and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.