1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California 2014: IACFS/ME Day One: Translating Science into Clinical Care: 20 March 2014
The location has now moved to San Francisco, for the first day of the IACFS/ME 11th biennial event, and another exciting round of presentations to an even larger audience. Searcher was again present, with her Press Pass, and along with some very kind help, from Hope, managed to...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"The Lazarus Effect" UK TV prog on anti-retrovirals in HIV tonight May 24

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Sasha, May 24, 2010.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Tonight on Channel 4 I see there's a documentary called "The Lazarus Effect" (11:05 to 11:35 pm). According to Channel 4's website:

"The Lazarus Effect follows the stories of four people living with HIV/AIDS, whose lives have been transformed by antiretroviral medication."

What a great title and how amazing it must be to come back from such severe illness to feel healthy again. Let's hope we're next!

I don't know anything about ARVs in HIV in terms of how it happens from the patient's point of view and it will be fascinating to learn about it - and maybe an indication of what we might hope for it the XMRV/CFS link pans out.
  2. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Hmmm... The Phoenix Effect.......sounds a little better to me.:D
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Mmmm, dunno... I am always worried about businesses that call themselves things like "Phoenix Garage" or "Phoenix Hairdressing" or whatever - the name always gives me the impression that they've managed to set fire to their building at some point in the recent past! No offence to the Forum, of course! ;)
  4. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Thanks Sasha, I'll set the HDD for that one.
  5. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    This is also showing on HBO tonight.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just watched the recording I made last night - spectacular remissions but must warn everyone there's some extremely distressing stuff. Very, very sad how people's lives have been affected before ARVs affected (people losing several children to AIDS etc.). Don't watch if you're feeling emotionally fragile or find this kind of thing hard to get over!

The bottom line is, ARVs for HIV are great and remission happens in weeks.
  7. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
  8. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    thank you Sasha i am so appreciative when people actually think to worry about someone's emotional state when they watch certain programs. i hope the show was great & helpful to those who watched, but i will not thanks to Sasha's warning. i deeply appreciate it!
  9. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Same here. I watched in this dinnertime. I was struck by the fortitude of the people. Heaven only knows how they lived through the worst of it. And still so many are dying because they cannot access the free ARV drugs. It was a brilliant piece of film-making too.

See more popular forum discussions.