• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Lancet (UK) editorial: "What's in a name? Systemic exertion intolerance disease"

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
I've been watching Simon's tweets and waiting for the IOM pushback.

So Simon writes a gnomic tweet designed to get people to read the Lancet editorial; which states "Despite critical reception at the time of publication, the results of the PACE trial paved the way for this IOM report."

So they actually try to take credit and avoid blame. Amazing.

Sean

Despite critical reception at the time of publication, the results of the PACE trial paved the way for this IOM report.

I guess you could argue that the PACE trial was so abysmal that it prompted the profession in other parts of the world to (finally) start doing something about it.

Nielk

Unbelievable spin - by Stonebird

10368192_662217037237186_4933333982860593380_n.jpg

Gijs

When the disease mechanism is known the quacks of the lancet (reviewers of the pace trial) will be known as clowns. In particular, White, Chalder and wessely. These pseudo scientists stems from the days when it was thought that the earth was flat.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Have you considered writing a reply in an article?

I have got involved, with some others, in trying to produce something a bit more intelligent than what is in the Lancet. I am stuck in a 'dough-proving' phase at the moment but hope to focus on baking next week. Producing something more intelligent is in one sense not too hard but in another sense quite challenging, as you can imagine. The hope is to cut a rapier response from the side rather than bludgeon from the front, so to speak. We have some good people on the team so I am hopeful, but it needs some thought.

Denise

I have got involved, with some others, in trying to produce something a bit more intelligent than what is in the Lancet. Producing something more intelligent is in one sense not too hard but in another sense quite challenging, as you can imagine. The hope is to cut a rapier response from the side rather than bludgeon from the front, so to speak. .

Go for it @Jonathan Edwards!