The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Japanese MEA fighting the imposition of GET and PACE

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    The Japanese ME Association is fighting the imminent imposition of GET as PACE is accepted.

https://mecfsjapan.com/2017/12/15/410/

atleje, panckage, Grigor and 8 others like this.
  2. PinkPanda

PinkPanda Senior Member

With all the criticism of the PACE trial that people can still support GET for ME/CFS.. It really seems more about having the false belief-system that this disease should improve by training it off than about scientific evidence.

I had the thought yesterday, how shocking it is that some beliefs are simply put out there, about what ME/CFS is and what should help, without any science to back it up. This is completely contrary to the way medicine should work, not by beliefs but based on measurable results and science.
    But then, if you look closely, you can see that medicine doesn't work like that in a few areas. The body is so complex and we just don't understand a good part of it yet so beliefs fill that gap in a few places.

There is no diagnostic marker for alzheimer's or depression. B12 deficiency for example can cause psychiatric symptoms, or confusion and memory loss and I have read of cases, where people with B12 deficiency were put into a psychiatric institution. So actually medicine breaks its principle of being science-based in quite a few places and slips into belief-systems.

3. PinkPanda

PinkPanda Senior Member

4. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    They can't impose this kind of treatment on me, and they know it. :rofl:

Thank you so much for your concern though. Those who are the most vulnerable are minors with ME/CFS, followed by adults who aren't adept at asserting their rights in opposition to the group consensus.

This is dangerous territory. :cautious:

Mel9, alex3619 and PinkPanda like this.
  5. PinkPanda

PinkPanda Senior Member

I'm glad to hear that :thumbsup::D

It's really frustrating that they are still regressing in politics, even though there is progress in ME/CFS research:mad:
    It seems like some people are protesting against this, hopefully that'll help.

Mel9 and IThinkImTurningJapanese like this.

See more popular forum discussions.