Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The IOM Report: The Good, The Bad, and the Absolutely Hideous

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Blog by Erica Verillo

http://cfstreatment.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-iom-report-good-bad-and-absolutely.html#comment-form

excerpts-
    It is worthwhile to read in full!

Mij, SDSue, CantThink and 3 others like this.
  2. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

After explaining why she does not like the new name (SEID) she suggests calling this illness 'Ramsay's Disease'.
    As I've been reading about the IoM report I've started thinking about the name.
    I have always used ME. However, I find this name to be difficult for people to remember.
    I am fully behind calling it Ramsay's Disease. When people hear Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's etc they don't always know precisely what the symptoms are but they know they are real and serious illnesses.

When there is more and better research that would be the time to choose the scientific name for this illness along with subtype nomenclature. Until then I think saying I have Ramsay's or even Ramsay's/ME works for me.

Mij, CantThink and Tammy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.