• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Holy Zohar (Kaballah)

Just wanted to share my experience of this amazing little book in the hope it may help others. I have severe ME/CFS, can't cook, bathe myself etc and rely on my parents for my care needs. A few years back a friend gave me this: http://store.kabbalah.com/author/kabbalah-centre/pinchas-pocket-size-zohar
The book radiates energy! it's quite amazing! I forgot I had it and am having a major relapse, to the point where getting out of bed and moving puts such a strain on my heart it's terrible. I remembered this and it has made the difference between virtually unable to get out of bed - to being able to walk round (not much) but a major improvement. I wear it round my neck in a sock type thing my Mum made me. Anyway, it is very powerful, sometimes it helps me sleep, but other times it is too powerful to use at night. How a book can radiate energy is a mystery but it does work.

Last edited:

valentinelynx

I wonder if it is specifically your copy of the book - perhaps it was specially blessed by someone before you received it? Just a thought.

But... looking at the product description - sounds like it's doing what it is intended to do. Cool.

wdb

I think most people would need to see some strong evidence before assuming this was anything more than you experiencing the placebo effect. It would actually be relatively simple to test in this case, you'd just need some inert control books of similar size and weight that are also in socks so that you cannot identify which is which by any normal methods, then mix all the books up and see if you can reliably determine which one is radiating energy. Might even be a million dollars in it for you.

barbc56

Might even be a million dollars in it for you.

My limited knowledge about Kabbalah is that it's a quasi religion, actually more of a practice of teachings that have roots in Judaism. There are different sects but Kabbalah in some became involved in the study of occult practices, including magic, alchemy, extra-sensory perception, astrology, spiritualism, religion, and divination. Also known as "white magic". These practices are forbidden in traditional Judaism.

Kabbalah has quite an interesting history. The above book that has healing powers came from one of the occultist sects.

So proving this book has magical powers would definitely fit the criteria for James Randi's challange.