1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Hanson (Bell?) XMRV Study

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Cort, Jun 28, 2010.

1. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    Is this perhaps where Dr. Marcus Conant is headed next ? - (see XMRV Buzz - 24th June)

He would certainly be a useful addition to their team.

2. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    If you're talking about this study, no results yet. The study hasn't been conducted yet, it's just now been funded. I wouldn't say I'm "hoping for the best"; for me the good news is that they are intending to study these things, and that they will be studying the Lyndonville cohort. I'm happy that real research is being funded. I don't expect results for a couple of years, at least.

3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Fingers crossed then.

4. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

Guys, this is the study he was planning a while back.

5. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Who is Maureen Hanson?

So, does anyone know anything about Maureen R Hanson? I just looked up her faculty info page at Cornell. She's a molecular biochemist whose area of interest is primarily plant genetics. I'm wondering what her interest in this research is, and how her expertise applies to ME/CFS or retrovirology.

Do we know for a fact that Dr Bell is some way involved? I agree that it certainly sounds like his patient cohort.

6. mezombie

mezombie Senior Member

East Coast city, USA
    Well, Maureen Hanson hosted Judy Mikovits at Cornell for a seminar on XMRV in ME/CFS:

http://www.ithaca.edu/intercom/article.php?story=20100129095855562

Cornell also advertised for a research associate in January for what looks like this project. The position has been fillled. Note that the WPI was to be involved -- hope that's still the case. A little shudder-inducing is William Reeves name next to the comment announcing it (the original posting is gone):

http://www.topix.com/forum/stl/TMPEE6LU97QKO3OEE

Dr. Hanson also offered a spring course on XMRV and ME/CFS:

http://bmcb.cornell.edu/current/minicourses.html

7. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

YES........

8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm, I wonder if I am part of this study? Not really sure, I was never in that area until recently for disability testing and part of an NIH study. Diagnosed with CFIDS/CFS in 2005. Ill in May of 2003 by Mono, never recovered.

GG

See more popular forum discussions.