• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Gut: Fixing the Root of all my Problems

douglasmich

Well epic fail. I shook the fleet enema and administered the implant and all the starch floated to the bottom of the enema bottle. In the last 20ml that's impossible to get out.... probably with all the pobiotics..

Any ideas?

Mij

whodathunkit

Well epic fail. I shook the fleet enema and administered the implant and all the starch floated to the bottom of the enema bottle. In the last 20ml that's impossible to get out.... probably with all the pobiotics..

Any ideas?
Aside from shaking and re-inserting your mixture, try a different position. Like on your knees with your butt sticking up, so that the bottle gets turned more-or-less upside down.

This is such a weird topic...

douglasmich

Well the RS works! ! Yesterday i took 1/4tsp orally and 1/2tsp made it up in the enema haha. I just had the most incredible dream ive had in years! Also my colon is starting to deparalyze.

Can't wait to see how it is on higher doses

douglasmich

On the basis that constipation is an infection of the bowel flora with a 'yet-to-be-described' clostridial bacterium, which also appears to have spores, a course of vancomycin can dramatically improve the constipation 16, 17 but is unable to cure the infection except on rare occasions.17 FMT can be carried out in several ways. Most commonly a short course of antibiotics is given to reduce the bacterial load in the bowel and the mucosal surfaces of the bowel, then the flora is removed by a lavage solution consumed by the patient similar to that carried out prior to colonoscopy. The bowel flora is then replaced by a series of enemas so implanting new bacteria to eradicate the presumed clostridial spores by the incoming flora - which is known to eradicate C. difficile spores.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
@douglasmich, you might want to check out Ken Lassesen's gut health series on the Health Rising blog. He has a lot of good info that is in the same area that you're exploring...
He also has his own blog with lots of information regarding CFS, gut issues and probiotics...

douglasmich

@douglasmich, you might want to check out Ken Lassesen's gut health series on the Health Rising blog. He has a lot of good info that is in the same area that you're exploring...
He also has his own blog with lots of information regarding CFS, gut issues and probiotics...

Thanks for that.

In other news i have an appointment booked for 7 weeks from now. So in that time im going to finish off my oregano oil an neem. They seem to be working. I think a kiling phase with abx and eating RS will allow me to prevent relapse. But sometimes a fecal transplant is needed to fix the problem. Most people take vancomycin and feel cured then as soon as they stop they relapse..............

roller

wiggle jiggle
i would also like to try vancomycin.

as tablet, and thats not widely available, and in addition its expensive with $2something for one.

do you know the dosage, @douglasmich?

does anyone know how long it takes (in average) until people relapse.

Last edited:

douglasmich

3 days ive seen in studies. lol.

I did this protocal last year
5000mg goldenseal
400mg oregano oil
1500mg neem
1500mg allicin.

I was cured at week 3. I quit them week 4 and 7 days later i relapsed !

BTW does anyone take NAC? thinking of taking it for die off/biofilm

roller

wiggle jiggle
there is no cure.
you may have to take meds all your life.

we dont have ebola.
we have the stuff around and everywhere.

douglasmich

there is no cure.
you may have to take meds all your life.

we dont have ebola.
we have the stuff around and everywhere.

Constipation can be cured and its a hard long journey but possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
BTW does anyone take NAC? thinking of taking it for die off/biofilm
Ken Lassesen recommends using it to disrupt biofilms, on one of the links I posted above. Here's a protocol that he proposed...
Putting it all Together

I dislike “canned treatment plans” because of the complex interaction between DNA, epigenetics and microbiota (gut bacteria) found in chronic fatigue syndrome. As I understand it, epigenetics includes infection altered DNA behavior, (which includes DNA includes inherited coagulation defects (over a dozen types).)

I prefer careful note taking, appropriate labs (if available and affordable) and observations to a
canned approach. However, this kind of careful methodological approach can be difficult, particularly for the very fatigued and cognitively challenged. So below is my suggested plan for you to discuss with your Medical Professional (if you cannot get one thing, just skip that item and move on to the next).

Addendum: I have added a Where to Start on my own blog.

First Pass
  • 200 mg/day of minocycline (as a neuroprotector — for those can persuade MDs to write an ongoing prescription) – on going
  • Week 1: Haritaki: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
  • Week 2: Prescript-Assist: Work up to 2 capsules per day then stop
  • Week 3: Tulsi: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
  • Week 4: Align or a 100% Bifidobacterium probiotic (preferably with mainly Bifidobacterium Infantis)
  • Week 5: Neem: Work up to 6 “00” capsules per day then stop
  • Week 6: Mutaflor or other E.Coli Probioitcs (work up to 2x recommended dosage)
  • Week 7: Lactobacillus Reuteri (work up to 2x recommended dosage)
  • Week 8: Take a break — ideally review your notes to find what had the greatest effect and use that for 2 weeks, working your way down the list for effectiveness
  • Week 9: Turmeric (breaks down a form of coagulation that seems to occur with CFS) – up to 10 capsules per day. If you have piracetam, also take that.
Second Pass
Repeat the above, with the following additions. I excluded these in the first pass because they can, by themselves, produce massive herx. By “antibiotics”, I mean natural (Neem, etc), prescription (minocycline, etc) and biological (produced by probiotics).
  • Week 1: NAC and EDTA – these are biofilm breakers, and you should repeat every 3 weeks of this cycle in addition to whatever else you are doing. Biofilms are “domed cities of bacteria” – the antibiotics kill the outer level and the dead bacteria bodies protect the inhabitants.
  • Week 2: Bromelain, Nattokinease, Serrapetase, Lumbrokinease – these are antibiotic potentators. They in general dissolve fibrin deposits allowing antibiotics to penetrate deeper (up to 10x greater concentration in tissue). Bacteria will often trigger fibrin so they have their own little world shielded off by the fibrin. Repeat every four weeks in addition to whatever else you are doing.
  • Week 3: Boswellia, Myrth – these are anti-inflamnatories. Inflammation keeps antibiotics away from the bacteria (just like fibrin and biofilms) — you want to reduce the inflammation. Repeat every two weeks in addition to whatever else you are doing.
Over time items:
If the above does not work well, i.e. zero herx and zero improvement — the following should be tried:
  • Week A: Olive Leaf Extract
  • Week B: Worm Wood
  • Week C: Monolaurin
All of the above should be discussed with your health professional before starting. You and your medical professional should be aware of “die off” and herx effects. This can happen from any of the above — if something kills off a bacteria that causes a symptom then all of the chemicals from their “rotting corpses” will cause symptoms to worsen. In some cases, the chemicals will suddenly stop (without a herx) and you will find yourself climbing the walls with energy. If this happen, keep disciplined on taking and rotating the list above — and do not overdue activities causing a relapse.

Post Script: Low vitamin D levels and low magnesium levels may need to addressed first. Studies have found that pain (and other symptoms) in ME/CFS and FM patients decrease as their magnesium levels increase. Magnesium may be the more important one because low magnesium levels will reduce the effectiveness of vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D is a known regulator of gut bacteria.

Last edited:

douglasmich

Cheers

My only concern is that it will lead to methylation problems. People on here have said to avoid nac like the plague

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Cheers

My only concern is that it will lead to methylation problems. People on here have said to avoid nac like the plague
If that's your concern than maybe EDTA would be a better choice. From Ken's blog...
Add EDTA to breakup biofilms (most of the overgrowths use biofilms) — expect more herx. NAC is a histamine producer and thus you may get a worst herx then with EDTA.

douglasmich

I have following the Perfect Health Diet as of late http://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/

Not very well however. Thanks to my STC my diet seems to be very bland and lacking crucial fermentable fibers. If my colon moved then i would eat tons of raw veg and all sorts of things. I will list what i ate today and wondering if anyone could advise me on how to improve it.

Breakfast
Plantain Panckes
Serve of fruit
1 cup carrot juice (50/50 water)

Lunch
Beef Liver & Bacon
White rice
Coconut oil
Cup bone broth

Dinner
Grassfed Beef
White rice
fried carrots
coconut oil

Desert
Carob Chocolate (homemade)

I take 350mg magnesium and 2g vit c at night. And thorne pic mins.

Im aiming for around 2300 calories per day with about 15% protein, 60% fat and 25% carb. At the moment most of the carbs come from white rice, carrot juice and my serve of fruit.

whodathunkit

@douglasmich: this actually looks pretty good to me. Pretty tasty, in fact. Except for the liver. LOL

But the first thing I would do if I was you is ditch the carrot juice and just eat raw carrots. Grated carrots with a little coconut oil and apple cider vinegar on them makes a very tasty salad. I eat it pretty much every day. In addition to providing good fiber for your gut bugs, grated raw carrots are also supposed to help bind endotoxin so it can be excreted, thereby promoting gut health. I don't have any proof of it soaking up endotoxin, but it tastes good and carrots are good for us so I just eat it anyway.

Unless there's a reason you can't tolerate potatoes, I also recommend boiling some (I peel and cut mine into chunks) and then refrigerating them after cooking. Cooking and then cooling potatoes for at least 8 hours causes resistant starch to form. Resistant starch (RS) is really, really good for our gut bugs.

I ususally boil my potatoes until they're just barely tender, not mushy and falling apart. That also helps create more resistant starch.

Also, are you using your oil-while-cooking-rice trick? I've been doing that for a while, although I can't tell it makes any difference in the starch content. I just take it on faith.

BTW, you don't have to eat the potatoes or rice cold. Re-heating doesn't destroy the RS that was formed by the first cooking and cooling cycle. And supposedly if you heat and cool another time or two, more RS is formed. But that can be kind of a PITA.

Change it up occasionally and eat some sweet potatoes. I like taro, too, which is recommended, but it's different to prepare than potatoes or rice, so I haven't fooled with it in a long while. But you might like it. Just have to study up some on the best way to cook it.

Add in some apples and berries. Apples have a lot of good carbs and fiber. I eat bananas and other fruit, too. And dates. I don't recall ATM if PHD recommends them but I don't worry much about it since I don't eat that much of them.

And some real salads with mixed greens, onions, tomatoes, etc. Good with a little EVOO and lemon.

You might also consider investing in the book. It's a condensed version of the website that makes it easier to get to recipes and certain bits of info you might want to re-read.

Just my $0.02. :)

douglasmich

Thanks ^

HUGE progress over the last 24hrs. Ive gone from a full on paralyzed colon to motility galore!
I have done many things so im not sure the cause

-6 days post a 12day waterfast
-started neem & oregano 4 days ago
-started gargling 2 days ago (vagus)
-Started RS orally 1tsp

Something is working! My gastro appt is in 6 weeks so until then i will stay on antimicrobial whilst eating high fiber and try get my RS up to tbsp.

I could never tolerate RS before but i think the combination of antimicrobial and RS weeds the the bad guys whilst feeding the good.

Im hoping my gastro gives me a protocol involving FMT to give me a better chance at not relapsing

whodathunkit

Good for you! Just don't get discouraged if your progress isn't straight up. Just keep moving forward if you plateau or even take a couple steps back. It can happen. But this is good news and is something to be happy about, for sure. :)

douglasmich

Gut is back to bricked again. Not exactly sure why yet. I think the day it was going crazy was when i did alot of gagging (lol) and gargling for the vagus nerve. My body seems to have supressed the gag reflex (lol) so i cannot do that anymore but im trying to keep doing the gargling.

I have addded baked potato into my diet. I eat half the cool the rest to eat later. Im assuming the cooled stuff will have RS?

Anyway im up to 1TBSP RS which im putting into my daily smoothie (carob, coconut milk, berries). I also just took 1 cap of prescript assist with the smoothie. Starting to get some intense brainfog not sure if its from the SBO or from the UV exposure i had today (im very intolerant to UV)

Also started using 1tsp of kimchi with meals. No stomach pains or anything. In fact i never have stomach pains or bloating. The only problem i have is slow large intestine motility. I dont even think i have "SIBO"

Anyway thats an update from me. I think this soil probitoic may have fucked me but i will wait and see. I have MCS so anything screws me up. Non organic veg brainfogs and depresses me for days

douglasmich

Severely impacted. Im back to the drawing board. I changed too many things too fast.

Last week ive been eating 25g fiber which is q big NO with chronic constipation. All fiber does is bulk up the stool and make it harder to move through the colon.

Ive also started fermented food and probiotics which always make me worse in the past. I have ZERO flatulence and no gut pain at all. My colon is simply paralyzed.

I took 30grams of vitamin C & 4g of magnesium yesterday with 0 results. It is bad especially because i have eaten fiber (bloody carob shakes)

So i am going back to <10g fiber a day. No probiotics, No fermented food. I think i will ditch the RS too. On my stool test my bifido waa high so maybe i have SIBO or something?

The thing is i NEVER pass gas. Even on 3tbsp resistant starch! !! I have no cramping or bloating or gas. So i don't know if i have sibo.

I had incredible dreams on the RS but no increase in motility. Its hard to tell if its making me worse or better because i have 1 bowel movements a week. In fact last 3 months i have not had an unnassisted bowel movements. Been doing water enemas once a week and semnatea once a month.

argggg this is really bad. If pharmaceutical abx don't fix it im screwed