• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Good moments / Bad moments

VillageLife

The strangest thing I think about this illness is the fact you can have the good times and bad times.
overall my health is bad and I am disabled.
But there are moments when I'm so very poorly and think oh my godness im going to die.
but there are also moments when I think oh my goodness I don't feel as bad right now!

This is a very confusing part of this illness and is perhaps why other people find it so hard to understand.

Eg: Sometimes I cant get out the car to make it just a few steps to the beach but then another time I will be able to do it.
or, Some days I can just about struggle around my village shop and pay for something, another time I can't tolerate even going in the door of the shop.
Sometimes just sitting in the car and going for a drive is to much, other times its ok.

I guess this is the nature of this illness, how do you all cope with the change from good to bad to good and so on...?