1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Glutamate Blocker Namenda

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by slayadragon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Nope, haven't tried them. Not eager to, either. But I conclude that high glutamate is not a big problem for me.
    heapsreal likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Theres also dextromethorphan/dxm that an nmda antagonist which is used by some to prevent benzo and stimulant tolerance and have read it helps withdrawal.

I mainly take zolpidem or zopiclone with maybe valium or anthistamine. On a dosage equivalent I dont use more than 10mg. I go through crappy sleep cycles unsure if it benzo tolerance or just one of those things. Normally I try to take a few days break from benzos and take dxm nightly for a few weeks at the dose recommended on the bottle. Then I go back to my usual dose.

Whats intrigued me was how quickly the brain fog went which I always seem to get in the afternoon. Looking into how memantine works then it possible attacks my issues from several angles. Also neuroprotective and may help reverse neurological damage we have, thats my assumption.

I think everyone will respond differently but its good to hear from others experiences??
  3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I thought It interesting when I read it can help with inflammatory cytokines such as tnf alpha. I have also been looking into ways to increase dopamine which this seems like it does. The different mechanisms im finding interesting.
  4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I find magnesium threonate and NAC quite effective for NMDA antagonism/modulation. Memantine is more than an NMDA antagonist.
    heapsreal likes this.
  5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    yes, i think im getting its anti inflammatory effects on cytokines like tnf but thats just a hunch as well as a dopamine boost.
  6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    My doc just recommended the magnesium threonate instead of LDN.
    Little Bluestem likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.