1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The functional status and well being of people with ME/CFS and their carers

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Free full text at: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/11/402

* I gave each sentence its own paragraph
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

This has lots of SF-36 data (incl. one table with 0-100 scoring)

This has lots of SF-36 data (incl. one table with 0-100 scoring)

[​IMG]

0-100 scoring (e.g. as used in the PACE Trial) is given in columns 3-6 in this table only. All the other tables are normalised for a mean of 50 and SD of 10 for the population.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Scores of those satisfying the Canadian ME/CFS criteria vs the others

Scores of those satisfying the Canadian ME/CFS criteria vs the others (normalised scoring):

[​IMG]
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Regarding Role Emotional scores and the SF-36

I once had a look at some SF-36 questionnaires that had been filled in by ME/CFS patients. I was (and am) fairly sure that people hadn't read the Role Emotional questions properly. I saw somebody else mention this themselves.

Here is an extract from the questionnaire:

Quite a few people had "Yes" for all three of the questions in section 6. I thought for some of them, even if it had been the case for one or more of them, I'm not sure they would have been rushing to say it in the questionnaire; it seemed to me that they hadn't read the question closely - it was part of a long questionnaire. This might be more of a problem with people with ME/CFS who only have so much concentration and mental stamina/energy.

See more popular forum discussions.