Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The "eyes" have it.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by jerrymcfadyen, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jerrymcfadyen

jerrymcfadyen Senior Member

East Bend, NC USA
    Does ME typically effect the eyes?

I've been having trouble seeing and have itching/watery eyes. Both eyes are effected but the left eye is much worse.
    It's been going on since the first of December and I finally got in to see my eye doctor last week. He said he's never seen anything quiet like this. He said it looks like my cornea have been sand blasted. He gave my steroid drops to try for two weeks to see if that helps. so far it isn't helping at all.

Any one experienced this or other eye issues? Any suggestions or things to bring up to the doctor when I go back?

2. adreno

adreno PR activist

Sometimes eye problems can be caused by nutrient deficiencies. Vitamin A and B2 are especially important for eye health.

3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I've had subtle changes in vision and an increase of eye floaters but nothing like you're describing. It sounds like an allergy of some kind but I assume steroid drops would help with that.

Antares in NYC and jerrymcfadyen like this.
  4. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I get dry eyes, watery eyes and itching eyelids but not at the same time.

5. Kina

Kina Admin Support Staff

Ontario, Canada
    I know Sjorgen's can cause corneal abrasions. Do you have any other symptoms?

Valentijn likes this.
  6. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

That was the first thing that popped in to my mind as well but doesn't it cause dry eyes? Jerry said his are watery.

7. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Mine get dry and then suddenly start watering. Tears rolling over my cheek.

8. jerrymcfadyen

jerrymcfadyen Senior Member

East Bend, NC USA
    Yes, I have all the symptoms of Sjorgen's but try telling that to a doctor. Just trying to narrow things down a bit, that's why I was wondering if it happened with ME too.

9. Kina

Kina Admin Support Staff

Ontario, Canada
    Sjorgen's is often a co-diagnosis with ME and Fibromyalgia. There is a test for it.

jerrymcfadyen likes this.
  10. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
  11. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I have Bilateral Iris atrophy related to a rare genetic disorder,it took a while to find,maybe you have something similar.

jerrymcfadyen likes this.
  12. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk

See more popular forum discussions.