• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

THE EPCOTx Rx to optimise the gut

The entire theory behind this Epcotx program is flawed. Raising progesterone made my gut worse, not better, and there are books and studies on progesterone that counter Kruse's theory.

There are two books written by Elizabeth Vliet, MD, on the effects in the body of progesterone and estradiol in women. She lists actual studies showing that progesterone worsens many digestive problems in women, and that estradial in women is not a bad guy.

I've had numerous hormone tests over the years, and the times that my estradiol was low in proportion to my progesterone were also times that my gut was near its worst. Completely counter to Kruse's theory for "what will help women".

That makes me doubt the logic of his reasoning for men as well.

@South,

PROGESTERONE Transdermal Cream Helped me Initially for a very short period of time.
I am menopausal.

But after a few months , unbalanced Progesterone, and No Estrogen really messed up my DIGESTION
and I think gave me SIBO, Slow Motility, Circadian Rythm totally messed up, although I was loosing weight .

Even now after adding Estradiol Patch Low Dose , things are still pretty bad.

I have read some comments that Dr. Mark Pimentel blames Progesterone Imbalance relative to Estrogen for SIBO.

I just underwent a SIBO Hydrogen Breath Test, and I am awaiting results.

Last edited: