1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Energy Disorders : Diabetes, ME/CFS and FMS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Marco, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Marco

Marco Old blackguard

Near Cognac, France
    OK - not new research - just another of my speculative blogs - but I don't know where else to post it :

http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...ell-us-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-fibromyalgia/

Speculation aside - if you have symptoms of small fibre peripheral (poly)neuropathy its worth getting tested as you may have another underlying and treatable condition.

Plus Mass General Hospital are now offering objective testing for small fibre neuropathy to fibro patients :

“These findings, confirmed by other laboratories, are the first pathological abnormalities found in fibromyalgia patients. Until now fibromyalgia has been a label based on symptoms alone, meaning no possibility of treating the underlying causes. The new findings linking fibromyalgia to SFPN may make that possible since SFPN is caused by underlying medical conditions that can sometimes be identified and treated effectively.”

Radio and Simon like this.

See more popular forum discussions.