Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

THE EMBARGOED STUDIES REDUX by Mindy Kitei

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Mindy Kitei, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Mindy Kitei

Mindy Kitei

I just posted a new article "THE EMBARGOED STUDIES REDUX" on my blog, CFS Central, with some new info about the CDC study and the FDA/NIH study.

Mindy Kitei
    CFS Central
    http://www.cfscentral.com

2. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Thanks Mindy!

3. gu3vara

gu3vara Senior Member

Yup, thx for that, interesting :)

4. KnightofZERO

KnightofZERO

Thanks for another excellent contribution. My first thought is the CDC couldn't find it in any positive controls, or any sample for that matter but they were going to publish anyway, until recently.... how arrogant!

5. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Hey, the CDC at least got the negative controls right..... :D

6. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    Ty for this Mindy

7. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    So the CDC's negative study was reportedly unable to find any positives at all... which suggests failure of methodology (Typical of all failed studies to date).
    And the FDA/NIH study reportedly found 7% in the normal population, which means that this is not to do with cohorts, but methodology.
    If this was to do with cohorts, then the CDC would be able to find XMRV at least in some samples, but they just can't detect it at all, reportedly.

8. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Thanks Mindy!!

So basically the CDC are either inept or dodgy (probably both)!!!

9. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    If only that demonstrated at least the tiniest glimmer of competence!!!... :(

10. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    thanks! :)

11. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Like the proverbial broken clock that's right twice a day (except theirs is a digital and the backup battery was dead a long time ago).

12. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Mindy, I read two sentences and said, "Yes!" I knew that either you or Amy at WSJ had a source that knew the figures. I saw y'all dancing around it. I thought to myself, someone outside of the insiders has to know. Some insider with all this other information that is public has to be talking and surely they are being asked. Often a reporter will agree to hold back in order to keep trust of that source giving other information, sometime depending on how soon the hold back information is expected to come forward.

I see you got the figure first. Hope your source is strong. With such a statement, would have to be very strong or have two sources.

Thanks for taking the time to ferret out this info for us. Looking forward to more.

Tina

13. usedtobeperkytina

Clay, Alabama
    Mindy, "my sources" is vague from a news reporting standpoint. Can you tell more about these sources? Someone at the journals? Someone at the agency who saw it? Someone who participated in the study? Another scientist that saw it?

I don't want you to get your source in trouble as we need more leaks. But, would love some more info about how close your source is, is it firsthand?

Tina

14. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    Who's deep throat?????

15. judderwocky

judderwocky Senior Member

.... it kinda makes you wonder what else they're missing over the years....

16. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    Like I've said before, I hope the CDC chokes on their own vomit, seriously!!!

17. judderwocky

judderwocky Senior Member

well... if they run out of any... ive got extra.

18. usedtobeperkytina

Clay, Alabama
    Ok, we got a volley going now, some healthy competition. Amy, the ball is in your court now.

What do you have for us?

Tina

19. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Thanks, Mindy. Your blog is becoming the go-to for the low-down. Thanks to your sources, too.

See more popular forum discussions.