1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Elephant in the Room - Jamie's new blog

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by currer, Aug 4, 2012.

1. currer

currer Senior Member

http://www.x-rx.net/blog/

New Blog from Jamie on MLVs

I noticed this handy and reassuring quote for those of us who are getting a little concerned about our memories.
    "It could never have happened except that the disease doesn’t cause true dementia even when very long standing"
    Whew!
    SickOfSickness, Xandoff and Enid like this.
  2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks currer - never thought it did having come through the worst (encephalitis) with recognition etc loss and though other problems persist my memory etc is better than those about me now.
  3. currer

currer Senior Member

Yes, I've been ill thirty - odd years and I dont think that my memory problems are progressive.
    It just depends on how much I use it. As with everything it seems to get worse the more I use it/the more I do.

I'm glad that you are finding the same thing, Enid. Wouldn't it be nice to have some proper longitudinal studies of this disease, instead of no studies at all (hardly!)

I'm glad to see that Dr. Deckoff-Jones is still interested in MLVs and still writing about them.
  4. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    Thanks Currer for sharring Jamie's post! God reading.

See more popular forum discussions.