1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Effects of Influenza Vaccination on Immune Function in Patients with CFS/ME

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by WillowJ, Nov 21, 2012.

1. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    http://t.co/1fiNGwDD (free full text)
    E.W. Brenu1,2*, M. van Driel1,4, D.R. Staines1,5, S. Kreijkamp-Kaspers1,2, S. L. Hardcastle1,2,
    S.M. Marshall-Gradisnik1,2,3
    International Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2012, 3, ***-***
    Published Online November 2012 (http://www.SciRP.org/journal/ijcm)

1Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Population Health and Neuroimmunology Unit, Bond University, Robina, QLD, Australia;
    2Faculty of Health Science and Medicine, Bond University, Robina, QLD, Australia; 3School of Medical Science, Griffith Health
    Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia; 4Discipline of General Practice, School of Medicine,
    University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia; 5Queensland Health, Gold Coast Public Health Unit, Robina, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia

ABSTRACT

ETA: via CFIDS Association of America

2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I don't fully understand the science here. It seems to me that they are implying that seroconversion has taken place based on increase in immune activity which is correlated to components of the immune system which could produce persistent antibodies to recognize the strain of flu from the shot, but didn't test for that specifically.

See more popular forum discussions.