1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Effects of Galantamine Hydrobromide Treatment on DHEA-S & Cortisol Levels in CFS

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

(Note that I had to shortened the title slightly to get it to fit: "The Effects of Galantamine Hydrobromide Treatment on Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Cortisol Levels in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome")

Ema likes this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

A few extra points. A few people dropped out also:
    They refer to a lot of the other HPA axis research. There have been contrasting findings.

If anyone is curious:
    Dr Richardson followed ME patients for decades. It's the first time I've seen the scale being used by others. I haven't looked at it but it could be better than some of the scales that are sometimes used.

Tables 1-4 give pretty much all the info one needs. If one looks at Table 4, one can see that DHEA-S and the DHEA-S/cortisol ratio clearly was going back towards normal in the responders group.
    The researchers say perhaps cortisol would have increased if the trial had been longer but that is just speculation.

See more popular forum discussions.