• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The doctor tells me that I do not have cfs

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Its rare for antidepressants to cause permanent damage but it does happen in a small percent of cases. Though typically the effects include addiction, akathisia, brain zaps, dyskinesias and so forth but there are even more rarely other symptoms.
Firefox's dictionary doesn't have dyskinesia so when i double checked the spelling i came across a wikipedia article that has more symptoms then i was aware of.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant_discontinuation_syndrome

I am no doctor but i still don't think antidepressants cause ME/CFS like symptoms

notmyself

Its rare for antidepressants to cause permanent damage but it does happen in a small percent of cases. Though typically the effects include addiction, akathisia, brain zaps, dyskinesias and so forth but there are even more rarely other symptoms.
Firefox's dictionary doesn't have dyskinesia so when i double checked the spelling i came across a wikipedia article that has more symptoms then i was aware of.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant_discontinuation_syndrome

I am no doctor but i still don't think antidepressants cause ME/CFS like symptoms
i belive it can be a co-factor..at least in my case it was..after i quit mirtazepine, my immune system was so weak i was catching everything, i was having the cold all the time,soon after that i develeped the Me symptoms, now i don 't catch anything,i even try to get the flu but couldn't :))i don't know how but quiting that drug switched my immune system straight away,few days after i quit i start gettin cold after colds..

eric_gladiator

@Alvin2 @notmyself

All my case is very rare. I had taken antidepressants previously dumirox and flerudin and they had not done any harm to me. Months later I was given amitriptyline for the migraine that I had been suffering for a few years, the medicine worked but at the same time I was in a state of psychosis, fatigue , sleep, irritability ... one day I come to be partying for several days and when I wanted to get out of bed I almost fell asleep, I felt the body as when you have the flu. From there I continued trying to make my life but something was not going well, I was no longer able to do sports like I did before, my body was weak and I did not know why. Always blame that medication, that and now duloxetine that this seems to have done the final work that was to bring the symptoms to light. I wish someone someday could explain all this

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
@Alvin2 @notmyself

All my case is very rare. I had taken antidepressants previously dumirox and flerudin and they had not done any harm to me. Months later I was given amitriptyline for the migraine that I had been suffering for a few years, the medicine worked but at the same time I was in a state of psychosis, fatigue , sleep, irritability ... one day I come to be partying for several days and when I wanted to get out of bed I almost fell asleep, I felt the body as when you have the flu. From there I continued trying to make my life but something was not going well, I was no longer able to do sports like I did before, my body was weak and I did not know why. Always blame that medication, that and now duloxetine that this seems to have done the final work that was to bring the symptoms to light. I wish someone someday could explain all this
I don't know that there are any experts on how to mitigate antidepressant related damage, if thats what you have. You know your body better then i so if i think you do or do not have antidepressant related harm doesn't really matter.
That said perhaps the people here can give advice since this is more their area
http://survivingantidepressants.org/