Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The body's trillions of clocks

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by leela, Sep 26, 2015.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

Thanks for posting that. What a brilliant article! I had no idea that the science of internal clocks had got so far.

I am interested in this because I am interested in the reason why we tend to think the mind has no particular place in space. I think it is just because we know when our thoughts were but not where they were, because our cells have no means of knowing where they are in the body, but they know what time it is! So our thoughts really are at a particular place in the brain but our brain cells cannot tell us where that is.

leela, merylg, alkt and 1 other person like this.
  3. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Wow! Absolutely fascinating and the implications for treatment boggles the mind.

Chronobiologist. I had never heard that term nor knew this is an area of biology.

Thanks @leela

Barb

leela, merylg and alkt like this.
  4. alkt

alkt Senior Member

uk
    fascinating research thank you . do you think modern medicine will actually take notice and actually do blood test at appropriate times depending on what their looking for.hope i am around long enough to find out.

leela, merylg and barbc56 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.