• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The body's trillions of clocks

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
Thanks for posting that. What a brilliant article! I had no idea that the science of internal clocks had got so far.

I am interested in this because I am interested in the reason why we tend to think the mind has no particular place in space. I think it is just because we know when our thoughts were but not where they were, because our cells have no means of knowing where they are in the body, but they know what time it is! So our thoughts really are at a particular place in the brain but our brain cells cannot tell us where that is.

alkt

fascinating research thank you . do you think modern medicine will actually take notice and actually do blood test at appropriate times depending on what their looking for.hope i am around long enough to find out.