1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The Blue Ribbon: Ryan Prior on His ME/CFS Documentary Movie

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

View the Post on the Blog

View the Post on the Blog
    Delia, merylg, Svenja and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'm very excited about this project and have made a donation - I'm delighted to see that the Kickstarter fund already stands at $11,300 of the necessary $12,000 and hope that some of these extra filming goals can be achieved.

I think it would be great if Ryan and Nicole could film a segment on the set of Unbroken - imagine getting someone like Angelina Jolie interested in our predicament! That's worth $12,000 all on its own, and then some.

Let's get donating! :)
    Svenja, Moxie and Simon like this.
  3. Moxie

Moxie

VA
    Donating now. I think this is phenomenal. It also looks like one of your dots is in my neck of the woods (Virginia). I would like to help if I can. I imagine I can come up with some lodging at the very least. :)

Thank you both for doing this!
    Simon and Sasha like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's great - the total is going up already!

Pile in and get your $1 worth of voting for Angelina Jolie, if nothing else! :)
  5. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    If the film we be half as good as the article and trailer it will be a cracker. Donated. Still $500 to go!
    Moxie and Sasha like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The total's still going up - wouldn't it be great if we could get this fully funded in the next 24 hours? $489 to go now! Very doable.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Wow! It's done - the total is now $12,486 so Ryan and Nicole have passed the total they needed to guarantee the project.

Congratulations, Ryan and Nicole! :balloons:

And if we chuck some more money at them, they can add on those extra filming goals... like getting onto ANGELINA JOLIE's movie set :thumbsup:
    Svenja, Simon, Firestormm and 3 others like this.
  8. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Ryan,:thumbsup:

I feel like you should be wearing tights and a cape. Our hero!!!
    Sasha likes this.
  9. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Ryan and Nicole - can't wait to see this documentary up and running! Thank you for all of your efforts. I have been doing alot of thinking lately about the need for huge publicity. I just dream of the day we see the issue being discussed on the evening news. We have a compelling and horrific story - people will care if they just understood what is really happening, I truly believe it.

I will be sending along my donation. I was going to write to you privately and ask if you've considered getting a short interview with Laura Hillenbrand. But I see that you are discussing getting on set with Angelina Jolie, which is crazy good!

I'm just thinking out loud here, and this is a huge reach - but if you can get in with Laura H. and/or on the movie set - how powerful would it be if the documentary is released at the same time 'Unbroken" comes out? That way the celebs or possibly Laura H would mention the documentary at the same time that they are being interviewed about the movie??

I realize that Laura H may not have anything at all to do with the movie as often happens, but i would also think that her story is generating some public interest in CFS as her health was mentioned and treated respectfully in interviews when the book came out.
    Sasha likes this.
  10. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    For ME patients, maybe compression stockings and a cooling vest instead :lol:
    Moxie, Blue, ggingues and 3 others like this.
  11. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK

Fantastic idea! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's going to take some more $$$ though - let's keep pushing this total up! $12,561 now with 12 days to go.

This movie has the potential to be the most powerful advocacy tool we've ever had. Let's not mess about - let's throw some money at it! I think we raised $1,000 in an hour or something last night. :)
    SpecialK82 likes this.
  12. 5150

5150 Senior Member

best wishes in your endeavor, and thank you (and Nicole) for your effort.
    1. does your girlfriend show any symptoms? truly hope not...
    2. is there a reason your documentary is called The Blue Ribbon?

If Angelina Jolie becomes vocal about ME during the PR leading up to the movie's release, then continues as an avid spokesperson afterwards, we will have hit the jackpot! We need to be adopted by star power: Get this fight on to "Front page News" , and let the US Govt begin explaining why it is lagging.
  13. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    As we all know, Angelina Jolie is good at adopting.
    jimells, Valentijn and ggingues like this.
  14. John H Wolfe

John H Wolfe Senior Member

London
    Awesome idea - good on you folks and good luck with this project! :)
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The Kickstarter deadline is up and the project is fully funded, including one of the 'stretch' goals of the set of 'Unbroken' (Angelina Jolie!) or Europe, to be voted on by those who donated.

Total $17,773 by 214 backers. Well done to Ryan and Nicole and to everyone who donated!
    Bob likes this.
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  17. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Big thanks to Ryan and Nicole for doing this.
    Sasha likes this.
  18. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  19. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Sasha likes this.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Email update from Ryan to his Kickstarter supporters:

Thank you so much for supporting The Blue Ribbon: ME/CFS and the Future of Medicine. You stepped up to help make this project possible.

We just completed a life-changing ten days on the West Coast talking with some of the most brilliant minds in this field and visiting the homes of very ill patients. As we go back over the more than 20 hours of footage we've recorded so far, we can't help but be overwhelmed by the power of the voices we've captured.

We can't wait to get some rest, regroup, and hit the road again for our East Coast tour.
    If you would like to keep in touch with updates about our production, please "Like" us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumentary

Health and Happiness,
    Ryan Prior and Nicole Castillo
    Nielk and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.