• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Ball with No Bounce - Fundraising for the UK's ME Association

Bob

Fundraising for the UK's ME Association...
https://www.justgiving.com/ball-with-no-bounce/

The ME Association said:
‘Ball with no bounce’ | song now streaming to raise money for the ME Association | 15 July 2014
If you want someone to tear a strip off a psychiatrist for belittling your illness, get them to play Andy Beaumont’s magical little song ‘Ball with no bounce’ – now streaming to raise money for the ME Association.

A limpid guitar riff leads directly into an ode fretting that there’s is as yet no cure for the illness and about shrinks who talk about getting you better – “when all they want to do is retrain your brain”. The scar tissue of run-ins with the medical system runs deep and, despite the witty banter, it shows.

The song received its first public performance at a charity gig that Andy organised for us in Menai Bridge, Angelesey, last Friday (July 11). For Andy – a retired marine scientist at Bangor University – it was a particularly heartfelt few minutes.

He is sole carer for his wife, Kate, who has had ME for 18 years. She became bedbound a year ago. Like many sufferers, she has already tried many different therapies to try and get better.

She now has extreme ‘brain-fog’ and distress and is unable to watch TV, listen to the radio or read more than a few words at a time.

If you would like to listen to Andy’s song, please make a donation at justgiving.com/ball-with-no-bounce and you will be sent an immediate message about which streaming service to use.

Andy, who recently walked the highest peaks in Wales to raise money for the ME Association before Kate’s condition worsened, is lead singer in local band ‘The Scapegoats’.

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...ke-money-for-the-me-association-15-july-2014/

Andy's Just Giving crowdfunding page said:
Ball with no bounce - a song for ME sufferers and carers
I have recorded a song for ME sufferers and carers for ME Association because my wife has severe ME

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

My wife has had ME for 18 years which has increased in severity gradually over time. She has been bed-bound for the last year. I am her sole carer. I have written a song for ME sufferers and their carers which has so far been well received by people who know about the illness. They say it hits the spot! It has a chorus that says "What makes them think you need a shrink - to make you better"!

If you donate (however little) you will receive information on the site where you can hear the song and download it. I hope that you will get pleasure from it and that we can use the song to raise money for ME Association.

https://www.justgiving.com/ball-with-no-bounce/