1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

The 3 times my ME/CFS almost completely vanished...

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Antares in NYC, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    To go even farther off on a tangent -
    When I was a child my parents took in a starved and dehydrated mare with an hours old foal. The mare did not have any udder development and we were concerned she was not producing milk. Once fed and watered, she did produce milk. The foal nursed and thrived, but the mare never developed udders. The foal was consuming the milk about as fast as she was producing it. The foal’s growth and development were quite normal, so she was producing adequate milk.
    justy likes this.
  2. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Even further off the original topic (sorry!), but justy's post reminded me of something I listened to yesterday - a recent talk at AHS13 by Kevin Boyd, a pediatric dentist from Chicago who has a special interest in evolutionary medicine.

His presentation is titled "Sleep Apnea, Attention Deficit Disorder and Small Jaws: Not Likely Things of the Past."
    He explains how he believes optimal jaw development, which helps allow the proper oxygenation of the brain during sleep, really depends on extended breastfeeding...something like 3 or 4 years! (Society's not set up well for that way of living either.)
    The link is not to the full presentation, just the audio - a bootleg version.
    SickOfSickness likes this.
  3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Anne - thanks for the video link, will have a look later. Breastfeeding is indeed considered extremely important for proper developemnt of the jaw and teeth, as breastfeeding is an active process, whereas being fed by bottle is passive - the baby does not have to work to get the milk out of the teet, with minimal pressure it just flows.

So far off topic now!

See more popular forum discussions.