• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The $10 Challenge for Columbia CII ME/CFS research - from Microbe Discovery

aimossy

Ten Dollar Challenge corrected JPEG.jpg

The $10 Challenge for Columbia University CII ME/ CFS research!
Small donations when donated by many people make a serious difference!
You can donate here: www.bit.ly/DonateToDrLipkin

Drs Hornig and Lipkin’s recent landmark study showed that the cytokine profile of ME/CFS patients is abnormal and changes markedly after three years. This study provides robust evidence of the biological basis of ME/CFS, and made international headlines.

The researchers at CII have a program of research into ME/CFS underway and exciting plans, they are collaborative and creative problem-solvers. They are keen to start working on biomarker validation studies and they continue to leave no stone unturned for funding.

We highly recommend you read these two articles by Simon McGrath. 'Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London' http://phoenixrising.me/archives/26166 and 'New era for ME/CFS research as top cytokine study attracts media headlines' http://phoenixrising.me/archives/26509

The Microbe Discovery Project has become synonymous in the patient community with Columbia CII research efforts. Our global community can help them move us forward, which will lead to bigger findings and more government funding and grants. We need research to find diagnostic tests and treatments.

Take the Challenge and get others to for May 12th Awareness day. Share, Share, Share. Feel free to use the images, and copy and paste any text. Don't forget to copy the donation link :)

Thank you for your support!
The MDP team.

Last edited:

aimossy

FOLKS WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

Some changes have been brought in on Columbia's donation site and you can not donate less than $10 when entering the amount. There was no problem with this previously. Hopefully we will hear soon regarding this problem and notify what will be happening. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

The MDP team.

aimossy

From the Microbe Discovery team

Our sincere apologies folks for any inconvenience. We have had to change our $5 Dollar Challenge to a $10 Dollar Challenge! It's the policy for the University. Somehow we got away with this last time and our team at Columbia didn't know about this policy minimum donation of $10. The $5 challenge worked well the first time we ran this and the policy must have not been enforced through their donation site at the time. We are more than up to a $10 Dollar Challenge!

We will also - again - be working very hard to see if we can sort out a Text donation option in the USA.
Thanks so much for your support.

The MDP team.

Last edited: