The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thank you to everyone who remembers ME/CFS causes in their will

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tom Kindlon, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

Thank you to everyone who remembers ME/CFS causes in their will. I just read that the (UK) ME Association got £355,690 from legacies in 2015.

That is a lot more than they got in donations (£207,306).

Money can be tight for most people with ME/CFS when they are alive. This is another way people can make a difference.
    floral-wreath-with-thank-you-message_23-2147559723.jpg

NL93, Invisible Woman, Sean and 17 others like this.
  2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    I have made ME research and ME charities the major beneficiaries of my will now my family and friends have died. I hope many others will do the same.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I already have two clauses in my will relating to ME though they are not my primary beneficiary at this time.

Sushi, Jennifer J, Comet and 4 others like this.
  4. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    thanks for this reminder. I think I'll leave something to my local ME/CFS society in my will.

5. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member

Great timing as I am due to make a will. Even if I fall off my perch before the Invisible Man does, I still want something to go to ME causes. It's a good reminder to discuss it with him too. Although I am the one who is ill, ME has had a profound effect on his life too so I am sure he will want to do the same.

ETA: If you want to this might also be the time to donate your body, or parts thereof, for research into ME (as opposed to general research). The ME Assoc. used to have a form for this.

See more popular forum discussions.