• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thank you card for Ian Lipkin

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Thank you Patricia Carter and Simon for starting and circulating this card. I am very happy that we can all come together and thank Dr. Lipkin. I really see this as a step forward, we won't look in this area anymore, we will look at the brain, or host response, etc.

I thought Dr. Lipkin's presentation was exactly the right balance of rigorous science, compassion for our community and compassion for the scientists involved. I'm so happy to sign this card, and want to always encourage the best science for us. :)

JAH

Great idea. I also wanted to thank him, but did not want to bother him with more email.

Is he on twitter? Does anyone know the best way to tweet him thanks?

JAH

Simon

Great idea. I also wanted to thank him, but did not want to bother him with more email.

Is he on twitter? Does anyone know the best way to tweet him thanks?

JAH
The card is a communal one, currently with 116 signatures, that will only get sent when finished: I don't think Ian Lipkin will mind this one thing in his inbox :) . But twitter would be good too - no idea if he is on there.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
Dr. Lipkin doesn't have a personal Twitter account as far as I can tell. Lipkin's Center for Infection and Immunity is on Twitter at
@CII722

It's a biggish group and he is one of four directors, so I don't think Tweets would go directly to him. But the tweets from that account have been very interesting during this past week - sounds like someone speaking with more authority than, for instance, a junior staff member might be able to.

I think signing the card is less likely to get lost in the shuffle than a tweet or email. I signed the card.

JAH

Dr. Lipkin doesn't have a personal Twitter account as far as I can tell. Lipkin's Center for Infection and Immunity is on Twitter at
@CII722

It's a biggish group and he is one of four directors, so I don't think Tweets would go directly to him. But the tweets from that account have been very interesting during this past week - sounds like someone speaking with more authority than, for instance, a junior staff member might be able to.

I think signing the card is less likely to get lost in the shuffle than a tweet or email. I signed the card.

I signed the card too. Think it is a great idea. Thanks for the info about twitter,

J