1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME/CFS: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

tgf-b1

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by lerae, Dec 13, 2011.

1. lerae

lerae

Hi- i have an elevated tgf-b1. my doctor who wanted me on GcMaf but i read that dr. kdm does not place patients on it if this is elevated.
    when i finally pinned an answer from my Md's ND, she said to take curcumin for three months and then go on it.
    Can anyone tell me more abt the test and honestly...if curcumin will decrease the elevation of this test. i know it heps with inflammation, but
    i find it hard to believe that it will decrease a genetic marker.
    thank you-
    b

2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

what is the genetic marker?

3. lerae

lerae

tgf-b1 is encoded by the tgfb1 gene. I have heard them refer to it as a gene marker?

4. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

oh. i thought it was just an inflammatory enzyme thing...like tnf-a, IL-6 or something

5. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
  6. lerae

lerae

thanks. yes, he is posting his experiences with GCMAf...and is having a really hard time w/ inflammation.

anyway...my head is spinning. mold, biotoxins, lyme, co-infections, gcmaf, etc. yikes.

7. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    Lerae, it does make one's head spin! You have my empathy.
    Forebearance

8. lerae

lerae

you get to a point where you have spent so much money and want to go to the best of the best. Dr. Enlander emailed me about using his own Maf 2__ something.
    so, i had not bought the Gcmaf yet and do not know what i shld do.
    i wonder if anyone else is making it. i wld just wait and save up money for his treatment.
    sushi...is KDM using it yet?

9. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Has anybody had any of these tests for markers of inflammation like TGF-b1, C4a, MMP-9 in Europe? I'm trying to find a lab over here that can do those. Tx

10. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Redlabs in Brussels does at least some of them.

Sushi

11. lerae

lerae

dr klinghardts office knows. that is where i got mine done. however, he still told me to get on the GcMaf. it might be thru Jewish labs...?

12. lerae

lerae

doesnt KDM run them before he places patients on the Gcmaf? just curious. was wondering if anyone elses was elevated. i wonder why they take they run the rest
    if they dont treat you for it.

See more popular forum discussions.