The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tetracycline HCl

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Aileen, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    I read a lot about the tetracycline family of drugs against various microbes (eg doxycycline). However, I am wondering if anyone has tried, or has information about, plain generic Tetracycline HCl.

I have trouble tolerating antibiotics and I suspect the dentist may put me on one later this month when I see him. I was on this years ago and didn't have any problem with it so was wondering about trying this if he thinks it will do the job. Of course, I may not tolerate it anymore, but I feel like it may be worth a try.

I feel like I have a dental infection and also want a root-canal treated tooth removed. There is also a tooth we have been watching that I think needs to go as well. Antibiotics prior to removal, even if I don't have an obvious infection, seems like a good idea.

I have diagnosed but untreated mycoplasma fermentans so this may be a way to trial it for that at the same time.

2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey

See more popular forum discussions.