1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tetracycline HCl

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Aileen, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    I read a lot about the tetracycline family of drugs against various microbes (eg doxycycline). However, I am wondering if anyone has tried, or has information about, plain generic Tetracycline HCl.

I have trouble tolerating antibiotics and I suspect the dentist may put me on one later this month when I see him. I was on this years ago and didn't have any problem with it so was wondering about trying this if he thinks it will do the job. Of course, I may not tolerate it anymore, but I feel like it may be worth a try.

I feel like I have a dental infection and also want a root-canal treated tooth removed. There is also a tooth we have been watching that I think needs to go as well. Antibiotics prior to removal, even if I don't have an obvious infection, seems like a good idea.

I have diagnosed but untreated mycoplasma fermentans so this may be a way to trial it for that at the same time.
  2. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.