1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Tests for genetic polymorphism

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by forbius, Feb 28, 2012.

1. forbius

forbius

I've been reading about polymorphisms that create a disruption in the methylation cycle. I've spent over 500 in the last year on supplements but maybe I've been going about it backward. Is there a test I can take that will give me a profile of my genetics concerning this issue?
  2. drex13

drex13 Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio
    Dr. Amy Yasko tests for methyl cycle genetic defects specifically. You can order the test from holisticheal.com. I think it's about $450. You get your results plus an interpretation and recommendations for treatment. (I believe). You can also get tested from 23andMe.com. This is cheaper but you have to go through the raw data to find your results, and there are no recommendations or interpretations, and while they test more genes overall, they don't test as many genes as Yasko in relation to methylation, but most are there. If you go with 23 and me, there are threads here on PR and other sites that help with interpretation.

See more popular forum discussions.